Vid - Road America

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Figured you guys might enjoy this. I was at RA on the bike last week and the guy in a modded H2 pitted next to me got some video of me. He and I were pretty close riders, both with lap times in the high 2:40's. I was more comfortable with passing but he was more comfortable braking later at the end of a straight so he caught me every time. That's the main thing I need to improve on, but when you're doing 170 with a 90* turn coming up that's easier said than done!

His H2 makes 255whp, the sound when I was behind it was just sick. Crazy torque

This was my second year going there and i'll do it every year going forward, the track is amazing.

I'm in the white/blue suit that comes in from the left at the beginning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1sBRSUjijU

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
That's some insane speed and that H2 sounds amazing!

It'd be cool to get out on a track with my FZ but the cost of entry with all the gear required for the track is wayyyyy too much. Plus brakes and suspension.

You'd be surprised, you could rent a suit for $60 and do a day at autobahn for <$300 all in if you wanted to try it. You'd just need tall boots and gloves that cover the wrist. You'll learn more in 8 sessions (1 day) on the track than years of street riding will teach you

Brakes last a while, no worries :)

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
You'd be surprised, you could rent a suit for $60 and do a day at autobahn for <$300 all in if you wanted to try it. You'd just need tall boots and gloves that cover the wrist. You'll learn more in 8 sessions (1 day) on the track than years of street riding will teach you

Brakes last a while, no worries :)

Oh didn't know suit rentals was a thing. I have short gloves, no boots, and my Shoei is the one with the internal visor making it not Snell approved so that's $600+ there lol. But yeah being able to push the limits in a safe environment would sure be a great learning experience. Perhaps some day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info