Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Does this allow passengers? Before you guys jump on me and say "just bring your car", its now my ONLY car and before I invest anything into making it more road race friendly, Id like to do some ride alongs and get an idea for what I could possibly be in for.

So save me the replies of BRING YOUR CAR :rofl:

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
GPS allows it, Laps is more stringent. I doubt I have done enough with them to let me have a passenger.

Passengers will only be permitted to ride with instructors and qualified experienced drivers as determined by the event organizers.
Any spin or loss of control when a passenger is in the car will result in termination of passenger privileges and possible expulsion from the event.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Does this allow passengers? Before you guys jump on me and say "just bring your car", its now my ONLY car and before I invest anything into making it more road race friendly, Id like to do some ride alongs and get an idea for what I could possibly be in for.

only with instructor for laps.

you'd have to pay for general admission ticket but if you go to gridlife this weekend in joliet i could give you a ride sat or sun.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008

"Passengers will only be permitted to ride with instructors and qualified experienced drivers as determined by the event organizers."

Qualified is as hard as telling them you want to take someone with you and you're not a noob.

"ohh you're not in beginner? Go ahead!"

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood

They will take you for hot laps. They also give you an instructor. I could put you in contact with Shawn if you'd like to talk to him about it.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

Your car should need nothing more than maybe pads and a higher temp fluid.

Its as easy or hard as you want. Nothing says you have to go balls to the wall.

As far as passengers? I would email Shawn and tell him you aren't sure if you want to track your car, and ask if there would be any instructors who would take you around the track as a passenger because you are interested in doing HPDE stuff.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info