Roll call autobahn June 26th laps inc.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I won't make the 19th but haven't registered for 26th until every button is buttoned up.

remaining
1. Install replacement SC tenioner (I accidentally muscled it the wrong way and now there's a bit of play)
2. Drop car off at dealer 6/19 to re-center steering wheel position sensor and resolve airbag sensor issue (could be simple connectivity). This is result of my balancer replacement work and I've become burnt out in the garage with these temps and shitty service manual/online documentation re: SWPS.
3. Tires Tires Tires

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
word. i just put new tires on, after 2 days of gridlife at gingerman they still look pretty good. and why? because i'm fucking slow as balls, i think i get slower each time i go there, like my brain has lost lines and confidence around that track, whereas i feel more comfortable at others. ho-hum. what tires? i got 225 dz2 star specs again.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
or brain literally couldn't pick up the line even after a bunch of laps? that is the worst feeling when more and more turns you end up off balance or fighting turns. I basically want a slower car for practice.

it's way harder to learn in a car like yours, the limits are super high plus shit comes at you so fast.

i really have become slower around gingerman, which i've only gone to just for gridlife now the past 3 years. my real issue is i think i know most of the lines pretty decently but it's more of a confidence thing where i should be moving 10 mph faster than i am somewhere, or full throttle instead of partial, etc. and an instructor prodding me would probably help a lot.

i'm most comfortable with those kinds of things around ab south, like the parts i'm more skerred about stepping on it i'm still confident enough to actually do it or build up to it and pretty comfortable about where i will end up.

i'm like a couple of seconds of a faster brz buddy's pace at ab south - but gman i'm like 6+ off the same guy's pace.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
How was the company at Gridlife? Never been but all the marketing makes me think overcrowded with a super wide range of skills (even within intermediate/pro) making for awkward sessions?

the cars or in general? gridlife is bigger each year and the gingerman one has music and a whole bunch of people, plus the time attack field seems bigger than ever. so hpde guys are almost all parking rando spaces in the grass, then you have clueless people walking around the paddock too, so you come off hot track with hot brakes and you'll never ever make it to your spot without using your brakes multiple times because of so many dopes. gridlife autobahn has no music and no camping, so you can park on asphalt and the paddock is much less busy.

the other negative is your track time is 4 20-min sessions, spaced pretty far apart given the extra track sessions - instructors have some, multiple drift sessions, time attack - however they will run the event past 5pm (out to 7pm)

like most events it's self-classify although i think people in general have become better at classifying themselves at gridlife events. i think a lot of regulars came from wmhm and wangfest so it is a crowd that in general has done a lot of gingerman and moves pretty quick on it.

advanced seemed pretty busy when they had combined instructor+advanced. intermediate never seemed too busy to me though and i thought passing and point bys were done well. it went pretty smoothly.

i have some friends doing gps tt sat 7/1 at gman and gridlife sun 7/2 at ab south.

gridlife ab is pretty cool, if they copy last year's schedule, saturday is a couple sessions north then the rest of the day full, and runs into the evening, which means you might get some pics of your car with glowing rotors too which is pretty tits. then sunday is all south. the time attack guys have best laps taken from each configuration and added up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info