Hill Climb events, where are they?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I know its a stupid question being that we are in IL. But for many of the same reasons I loved the "Land Between the Lakes" part of the TCG Tour was because it was a point to point rally type event on the road.

Being in IL, us flatlands peeps don't really have anything called hills. So obviously out of state.

When I thought about doing one, the first place I looked was for something in the Tail of the Dragon area, cause that would be epic.

I was sorely disappointed because in order to enter you basically have to have a fully prepped race car, cage, harness, and a racing license with some group (SCCA and such).

Thats kind of no fun, I'm looking for something thats got more HPDE like rules, because I don't want to push the car to 10/10ths, or my own skill level to 10/10ths for that matter. Helmet, maybe a firesuit at the most, and a car that is basically mechanically sound with minor upgrades to address things like brake fluid, and pad compound.

Anything run by the SCCA requires full safety gear. To the point that any care you enter can't really ever be comfortably driven on the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQV3j_I0LBg

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
looks like scca is minimum roll bar

per 2009 new hampshire organization rules http://www.hillclimb.org/rules_regs/hillclimb_rules/09tech.pdf
4.E. it seems you could only get away sans cage if you had a full steel roof. else bar/cage

i did stateline rallycross, it was real fun. we beat on a buddy's forester. during the driver's meeting they had a what to do part if your car flips, although it wasn't the teehee kind of thing at an HPDE, it was ok do this don't do that. before my buddy or i drove, somebody flipped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Thirdgen89GTA
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list