Road America track day pics

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I took the bike up to road america this week so I figured I'd post a few pics. Before this, the only track i'd been to was Autobahn country club in Joliet. It was WELL worth the drive and the cost to go to RA. Being able to race around a 4 mile track with a 4,000 foot straightaway is amazing.

I want to go back but the only other sportbike event they have is only a couple weeks away and i can't take more time off work unfortunately

I was in Novice group 1 and there was one guy in there that i couldn't keep up with in the turns, he's the one you see on the r1m (badass bike).

Attachments

• 1154928small.jpg
    1154928small.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 1154946small.jpg
    1154946small.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 1154923small.jpg
    1154923small.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0504small.jpg
    IMG_0504small.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 1154941small.jpg
    1154941small.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 90

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
do you know adam collins? 86 bro who within the next month is doing i think both his first track day in that car as well as his first moto track day, i think same bike as you.

those pics are pretty amazing, nice clear detailed and close. i have more fun at autobahn (south or full, not north) than RA. tearing down that straight on a bike has to be pretty wild though. and terrifying. i like having metal all around me!

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
do you know adam collins? 86 bro who within the next month is doing i think both his first track day in that car as well as his first moto track day, i think same bike as you.

those pics are pretty amazing, nice clear detailed and close. i have more fun at autobahn (south or full, not north) than RA. tearing down that straight on a bike has to be pretty wild though. and terrifying. i like having metal all around me!

I don't...is he on here?

The straight is sick. I wanted to top the bike out (185ish) but because of congestion with other bikes I hit 159 on gps. It was freaky going that fast knowing there was a turn coming up, but you get used to it after a while

I'll probably do autobahn full course at some point this year. It's not a very fast track but you get to practice leaning and turning a lot

The only bad thing about road America is there are very few left turns

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I don't...is he on here?

The straight is sick. I wanted to top the bike out (185ish) but because of congestion with other bikes I hit 159 on gps. It was freaky going that fast knowing there was a turn coming up, but you get used to it after a while

I'll probably do autobahn full course at some point this year. It's not a very fast track but you get to practice leaning and turning a lot

The only bad thing about road America is there are very few left turns

he's not on here but mayhaps you will run into him for a moto thang - https://www.facebook.com/PEEACHES?fref=ts

all the tracks around here run clockwise!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info