Lemons Where the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Made another stupid decision to do these again in our RX7. We switched to a holley carb as we were having tuning issues with EFI. Installed some new fancy electric gauges that can actually log and tell us why we suck and made our way to Autobahn. Raced south the first day and ran into some issues that ended up being the rotor cap being completely screwed. Replaced that and the car ran pretty good. We had to rejet the carb twice to get it into the right spot and once we got that done she ran great. We were a little short handed which made it interesting. So I managed to drive twice on Saturday. Only issue we had was a fuel lock that would make it seem like we were out of gas. Hoping some insulation and going to a 22 gallon fuel cell will let us stay on the track for 2 hours or more. I drove the first stint and my real goal was to just keep the car on track with 60 cars on it and don't get in an accident. Managed to make some consistent times, will have video later.

On sunday we got started at the green flag which was a first for me. I drove the first stint again which was a bit more entertaining then I bargained for. Had a lot of people on cold tires doing stupid things which led to some interesting passes/spings/offs. Slowed it down a bit and just kept her in 4th gear and just shifted at 7k vs 9k and kept her on the track. Mirko then got out there and hit way faster times then me. AFter 2 hours we filled up with 14 gallons again and I went out for what was supposed to be an hour so we could fill up and have our last driver go for 2 hours to finish. As I got out there though the car was just pushing through every turn and something felt lose.

Found out we cracked one of the mounts for our rear straight axle clean off which we welded back on. Then the pushing was still there so we came back in and found one of our suspension pieces had a sheared bolt. We tried out best to get it out but with 2 hours left we had to call it quits. Overall we got the car where we wanted it and worked out a lot of bugs. Hoping next year with some fixes we can race a whole race and get a win.

Album is here with all the pictures.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskmtsQNG

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-25 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

We also had one of our 4 link mounts break lose. Welder to the rescue.
lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-27 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

I think the exhaust was probably made in mexico by those terrible people /s
lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-42 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-29 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-32 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-36 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-17 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-39 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-44 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-48 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

Congrats on winning B class.
lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-50 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

Had their VW v6 mounted in the rear. Because that is how you win.
lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-1-2 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-52 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-23 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-53 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-60 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

First place winners in A.
lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-63 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

lemons-oct-elitemeettocheat-65 by Mark Olsen, on Flickr

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
First guy is me, only downshifting into turn 1 as the transmission after 8 races has a shot synchro between 4th and 3rd due to the huge range between the two. Have to double clutch or grind it to get it in which is why I am shifting after the turn. I suck at double clutching. You will hear a lot of grinding when our faster driver in the red suit in his part of the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyQndqNL49M

First minutes on track on sunday with cold tires/track. Some other people decide to go sideways in front of me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jx4K3UAHr8

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info