where to get tires changed?

So I bought a suzuki sx4 and it really needs a tire changed asap, the only place I've gotten tires before was on junk yards but my bro that used to picked them for me is far away, so buying them new and installed by a tire store is my best bet... but which tire store has the best prices and service? I'm looking to get the full set plus balancing and alignment.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Good, no go forth and get you some tires!!

UFP60wK.gif

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
new...discount tire.

used...anywhere else.

I've had lots of trouble getting Discount Tire to install anything but brand new tires.

Really disappointed in that....

Reputable shops do not like to install used tires... Some even have a policy not to install them. It is just a liability. If something is wrong with that used tire most idiot customers will hold that shop responsible no matter what.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Reputable shops do not like to install used tires... Some even have a policy not to install them. It is just a liability. If something is wrong with that used tire most idiot customers will hold that shop responsible no matter what.

Reputable? Bad choice of words in my opinion. I'd say chain shops don't, but some small shops that are still reputable will. Nothing wrong with a used tire. Some people even swap winter tires on and off the same rims each year. Nothing wrong with that and no reason why a tire shop shouldn't do that for a customer...

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
What if you bring in a ten year old tire with 4/32 left and it blows out the next day or a belt shifts? The customer will hold the shop responsible... Just better not to put yourself in that situation...

To be clear... I'm not talking about tires that have 3k miles on them that you got from a buddy... Just the ones you get from Pablo for $10 - because that's what people bring to my buddy's shop all the time and he refuses to do them... And I agree

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info