Dog owners... inside!

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
have you guys ever noticed how sometimes you'll be sitting there watching TV and your dog seems like he is staring at "something" when there is nothing there?

I just caught my dog doing this and I just watched him for a minute, its like he is fixated on to something.

The other thing he does is he will just lay in front of me and just stare at me for like a minute:dunno:

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
31749-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Happy-Puppy-Day-Dreaming-Of-Sausage-While-Catching-A-Whiff-Of-Food-In-The-Air.jpg

SonicBoost

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
A dog stares when it interacts with another dog or a person, it can have different meanings depending on the situation. In a situation where a dog needs comfort or help, the dog may stare pleadingly. A dog that is begging for a treat or food may stare at the treat or at a person who is eating food.

A dog may stare back at an alpha personality dog in an aggressive situation if the dog who stares at an alpha dog has intentions of challenging the alpha dog. A dog that is fearful may stare and if the pupils are greatly dilated, the dog should be removed from the situation.

A dog may also stare if the dog suffers from an illness or other medical condition. Neurologic trauma, neuralgia, nervous migraine and amaurosis are examples of medical conditions that will produce symptoms including staring. Rabies, pain, injury, trauma, poisoning and shock can cause a dog to stare.

Unless a dog is healthy and is staring for social reasons, the staring activity can indicate a problem. If your dog suddenly starts to stare, you must seek out a proper medical diagnosis and treatment from a veterinarian. Staring can indicate a serious medical problem that should be treated and if the pet is in pain or shock, it should be treated as quickly as possible.

A dog may stare at a morsel of food with great intent or it may stare vacantly from sickness. Your pet has a variety of ways to communicate about itself to other dogs and people. When you can begin to understand your dog's body language, you will have greater success at building a great relationship with your dog.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
A dog stares when it interacts with another dog or a person, it can have different meanings depending on the situation. In a situation where a dog needs comfort or help, the dog may stare pleadingly. A dog that is begging for a treat or food may stare at the treat or at a person who is eating food.

A dog may stare back at an alpha personality dog in an aggressive situation if the dog who stares at an alpha dog has intentions of challenging the alpha dog. A dog that is fearful may stare and if the pupils are greatly dilated, the dog should be removed from the situation.

A dog may also stare if the dog suffers from an illness or other medical condition. Neurologic trauma, neuralgia, nervous migraine and amaurosis are examples of medical conditions that will produce symptoms including staring. Rabies, pain, injury, trauma, poisoning and shock can cause a dog to stare.

Unless a dog is healthy and is staring for social reasons, the staring activity can indicate a problem. If your dog suddenly starts to stare, you must seek out a proper medical diagnosis and treatment from a veterinarian. Staring can indicate a serious medical problem that should be treated and if the pet is in pain or shock, it should be treated as quickly as possible.

A dog may stare at a morsel of food with great intent or it may stare vacantly from sickness. Your pet has a variety of ways to communicate about itself to other dogs and people. When you can begin to understand your dog's body language, you will have greater success at building a great relationship with your dog.
wow great post, this is what I was trying to get at, I hope nothing is wrong with my dog but he only does it every now and then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info