Look at this line of s**t!

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
edited for privacy reasons. This cover letter has more crap in it than the cal sag!

im still laughing!

Mr. SmaXXXX,

As a XXXXX student, I am humbled that my pursuit of higher learning, as well work experience, coincide with the position offered by this fine company. Consideration for this position would enable me to utilize, as well as demonstrate, the analytical, communication, and leadership skills I developed while interning with XXXXXXXX in Real Estate Capital Markets. Not only has participating in the above mentioned internship prepared me to be a part of the workforce, but the completion of my thesis as a requirement to obtain a B.A in Economics shows the discipline and focus required to operate efficiently as a part of the workforce.

Also as a XXXXX student, I realize that “Change equals Opportunity”, and my pursuit of academic excellence and valuable work experience will serve as a catalyst to impact change, which makes way for opportunities.

The opportunity to effectively serve as an integral part of your company’s staff would be an honor. For your review, I have attached my resume. Your consideration and time is appreciated, and I look forward to speaking with you more about this career

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Resume's are a joke, interviews are a joke, the whole process of obtaining a job is a joke.

My .02

I have to politely disagree with you there

I'm a recruiter and a good resume does not necessarily mean good candidate, but....... 9 times out of 10 , shitty resume = shitty candidate

A resume is simply a brief snapshot of your career, but a well put-together, informative resume can certainly help you get your foot in the door, and help you get a leg up over the guy next to you.

just my .02

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
jeez slash, parts of it are a bit much, but it just sounds like the kid is trying to get a job.

+1

I have to politely disagree with you there

I'm a recruiter and a good resume does not necessarily mean good candidate, but....... 9 times out of 10 , shitty resume = shitty candidate

A resume is simply a brief snapshot of your career, but a well put-together, informative resume can certainly help you get your foot in the door, and help you get a leg up over the guy next to you.

just my .02

+1... total up to .04.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
jeez slash, parts of it are a bit much, but it just sounds like the kid is trying to get a job.

agree and disagree, i think a coverletter should be geneated based on the job applied for. I do not think that you should just copy and paste it to everyone. if he was applying for ibm or some corp job that buys into all the "out of the box bs" it may by mopre appropriate. This is way over the top bullshit for a job as a car salesman.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
agree and disagree, i think a coverletter should be geneated based on the job applied for. I do not think that you should just copy and paste it to everyone. if he was applying for ibm or some corp job that buys into all the "out of the box bs" it may by mopre appropriate. This is way over the top bullshit for a job as a car salesman.

Haha, yes definitely a little thick for car sales.

And yes, every cover letter should definitely be customized for each position applied for. :biggthump

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
If I was hiring for a job, Id respond and hire anyone who wrote something like this:

"Im not an idiot; I'm easily trained to do unfamiliar tasks, I show up to work on time and have common sense."

...but the business field doesnt work like that.
Just like having to get dressed up for interviews and such... Clothes do not portray a picture of a someone's work ethic. It just shows you have nice clothes on.

just sayin...

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
If I was hiring for a job, Id respond and hire anyone who wrote something like this:

"Im not an idiot; I'm easily trained to do unfamiliar tasks, I show up to work on time and have common sense."

...but the business field doesnt work like that.
Just like having to get dressed up for interviews and such... Clothes do not portray a picture of a someone's work ethic. It just shows you have nice clothes on.

just sayin...

+1

I was always told that you should dress for the job your applying for.

I.E. if you're applying to be a mechanic, dont wear a suit and tie. If you're applying for an office job, dont show up in a tshirt and jeans.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004

I have to agree. He lays it on a little thick but what do you want, "I'm over qualified but a bad economy means I'll have to deal with selling cars until it improves."

Besides the fact that a person with a degree and probably a decent understanding of numbers since he has a degree in economics is willing to work for you, you should hire him because of the BS. Half of the sales people I've met are full of it.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
I have to agree. He lays it on a little thick but what do you want, "I'm over qualified but a bad economy means I'll have to deal with selling cars until it improves."

Besides the fact that a person with a degree and probably a decent understanding of numbers since he has a degree in economics is willing to work for you, you should hire him because of the BS. Half of the sales people I've met are full of it.

i have had doctors, lawyers, denists, mba's and other selling cars in good times and in bad. i should of known this thread would get blown out of porportion.

where can a person with no formal education make 100k plus? better yet where can a college grad do that.

my point was that this tool used a formal cover letter and copied and pasted it without tailoring it to the job he was looking for. no reason to read any deeper.

come on like carl said "its would be an honor?"

give me a fucking break.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info