Getting over girlfriends, advice

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
Going to try to keep this breif so bear with me.

At the start of the summer my girlfriend of 3 and a half years went to Florida. I did not go on this trip becuase I was working and paying off debt from my first year of school (another long story). She went with her best friend and boyfriend and fille dmy spot with another guy. I was not worried about this since not only did I trust her but he was also a gambling addict, emotionally unstable, and overweight. no job, broke, and at school with no major plans after. I'm not one to gloat but I have a good head on my shoulders, I work hard and have my priorities in line and have solid plans for my future. We were high school sweethearts and she was always happy, I thought I had nothing to worry about. I thought I was a good catch...

You can probably start filling in the blanks already but when she came back, about 3 weeks after, she wanted a break from me. I then find out that they have been having an emotional affair this entire time since I was busy with work and school but apparently not making enough time for her (I ditched my frineds every weekend to see her). I dump her, then bring her back. She then tells me she still wants to see him as a friend, I shoot this down becuase it is disrespectful to me. Why would she want to? She declines so I dump her for a second time.

She then starts making contact 2 weeks after that, leading me on that she wants to get back together. I say fine but only if she stops seeing this guy. Not only do I then discovered she got physical (making out counts in my book) but he got her tickets to Rascal Flatts (her favorite band) shortly after FL knowing full well of the problems I was having with her( I bought her tickets for her bday the first year we dated, she brought a girlfriend instead of me). At this point I flip out, lose it, toss her out and throw a tire iron into the GTI's passenger window.

That was about a month ago. My question is how can I begin to get over this? I was nothing but good to here, respectful kind, would drop anything to be there for her, adn I still get shafted like this. I gave her NO reason to cheat on me, and gave her plenty of chances to get me back, but she takes some douchebag? I am not a man whore, never have, so the "Get bitches" option my friends have given does not work.

I'm not usually one to put this stuff out there but I know there are many people that have had the same experiences and I would like to hear their takes on the matter. A few members on here have already helped a little, notably Larry, Adam, and Mikey. I've been trying on my own but it hurts just as much today as it ever has.

Thanks in advance

-Joe

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
unfortunetaly brother we have all been there and the only real thing is time and you dont necesarily need to manwhore yourself but atleast try to meet as many girls as possible and eventually you will strike up a good conversation with one and next thing you know you will have completely forgotten your ex. Good Luck!!

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
It takes time, that's it... if you have to make this much effort to try to keep her, she ain't worth it. She'll be facebooking you in 10yrs telling you how she made the biggest mistake of her life with you. Throw the bitch to the curb... and when you are over her.... keep her on the side for a piece of ass ;)

My only suggesting... use the po'd ness you have to and channel it to help you... ie. work out, gaining 10-15#'s of muscle will make you feel better, won't need to toss tire irons anymore... use it to focus on your career more, for when you do meet that hottie in the future, she'll appreciate you more.

BlckCobra

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2005
First thing never fucken talk to this girl again. Delete her number or depending on your phone block any contact with her. Go out with your friends and have a good time and party. You will meet new people and find someone better. If you keep doing gay text with her and keep in contact with her its only harder. You guys will never be friends again, and the relationship already isnt working. Obviously shes a dumb cunt if shes doing this shit behind your back and needs to go jump infront of a bus. So break all contact, never speak to her again, and the world will keep spinning and stuff will turn around eventually. :biggthump

Chris Liesch

01 True Blue Vert
May 14, 2009
I know having your high school sweetheart sounds like a great story but you need to move on. You need to find an independent women. Someone who already has a life. Someone who loves their job, has their own hobbies, ect. In my expierence, these are the best women. I met my wife late in my college years and she is great. She loves my passion for cars even though she has no idea what I am talking about when I talk to her about it. She is by far the coolest chic I have ever met. I know I have talked alot about me but hey if I can find the right one then you can. You shouldn't feel punished for working hard and having your head on straight. There are plenny of girls that have been screwed over by guys that would love someone as motivated as you. I hope this helps

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
Plain and simple "cut the cord" I had a 4 year relationship and she even lived with me so you can imagine. Keep yourself busy time heals all there is no short cut when it comes to this kinda stuff. And god forbid if you were good to her and she blew it why are you feeling bad.

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
It's not that I feel bad its just like, where did I go wrong? If I was nothing but good to her and she still does this, how am I supposed to avoid this in the future?

You didn't go wrong, you know what you want... it's the bitch that didn't. She's not as mature as you think... and she sure as hell showed it.

It's like the friend comment I made about Abe, you just don't flip a on/off switch on true friends... and it's the same for realtionships. Either your in it for the long haul, just for now... or in holding pattern until something better comes along. I've been in all of them... on both sides... and it won't be the last time you sit there thinking that. The good thing is... at some point you'll realize you are the cat's meow... and then that hottie comes along who agrees. Just don't let Ben fool you... he has a package from the waste down :lmao:

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
You didn't go wrong, you know what you want... it's the bitch that didn't. She's not as mature as you think... and she sure as hell showed it.

It's like the friend comment I made about Abe, you just don't flip a on/off switch on true friends... and it's the same for realtionships. Either your in it for the long haul, just for now... or in holding pattern until something better comes along. I've been in all of them... on both sides... and it won't be the last time you sit there thinking that. The good thing is... at some point you'll realize you are the cat's meow... and then that hottie comes along who agrees. Just don't let Ben fool you... he has a package from the waste down :lmao:

:lmao:

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
It's not that I feel bad its just like, where did I go wrong? If I was nothing but good to her and have a good future ahead of me and she still does this, how am I supposed to avoid this in the future?

Well I am not a big fan of the idea with letting the gf go on vaction with another guy. But thats just me:dunno:

Would you believe from every chick I have ever crossed paths with??? :lmao:

:lmao:

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
its rough as hell man, especially when you have to end something you wish you didnt have to. im still getting over my 1 year relationship that ended 1.5 years ago... how fucked up is that? im hoping when i move out west and finally have a change of scenery i can move on.

it just takes time, or so they say...

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
It takes time, that's it... if you have to make this much effort to try to keep her, she ain't worth it. She'll be facebooking you in 10yrs telling you how she made the biggest mistake of her life with you. Throw the bitch to the curb... and when you are over her.... keep her on the side for a piece of ass ;)

My only suggesting... use the po'd ness you have to and channel it to help you... ie. work out, gaining 10-15#'s of muscle will make you feel better, won't need to toss tire irons anymore... use it to focus on your career more, for when you do meet that hottie in the future, she'll appreciate you more.

listen to this man...he has given me great advice when I was having difficulties with my engagement coming to an end...

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
1) Break off ANY contact with her. Dont respond to her calls, emails, FB/Myspace messages. Just do it cold turkey. The more you talk to her the longer it'll take.

2) Keep yourself progressively busy. If there are things about you that you want to change for the better do them! School, fitness, debt, organization, etc.........

3) dont resort to drinking, drugs, or stupid relationships. They'll only mask the withdrawel you need to go through.

4) Spend time with people you trust and can be open with. I'm dealing with a lot of stuff myself and this has been rediculously beneficial.

You'll get over this just be smart about it.

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
Best advice I could give you is this:

Young broads do not like nice guys. If they tell you they do, they are lying. You need to be a dick to them and they will never leave you. Hell, you'll get tired of them first. It's sad, but true.

BEST ADVICE EVER. Once you get a chip on the shoulder it's like you can't beat them off with a stick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info