Calling out JIMBO - WTF

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Since you're not responding to my PM or text messages, yet still visiting and posting on this forum, I thought this might get your attention.

I post this: http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38006

immediately Jimbo is interested and sends me a PM offering $35 for it. I respond within an hour that $35 is fine. He asks if it will fit in his Cobra. I respond with "Maybe not sure how wide the back seat is" (footnote: dimensions are clearly stated in the first post)

He responds by saying he's sure there's a way to make it work and that he'll come by wednesday 7/8/2009 or on Saturday 7/11/2009.

The following day 7/7/2009 he PM's and text messages me to consider it sold and that he'll most likely be picking it up on Saturday. He even asks for my PayPal ID to pay for it.

I respond letting him know, just to pay when he picks it up. I even offer to to bring the table to my office in the west loop since it's about half the distance.

That was the last I heard from him.... I texted and PM'd him Saturday morning asking when he was planning to pick it up.

I realize it's a $35 table and I couldn't care less about the $$$, but I've turned down two other buyers and more importantly my 9 month pregnant wife is nagging me to get rid of the table.
Nagging 9 month pregnant wife = :blowingup

EVLSVT

Banned
Dec 15, 2004
he was probably just running a little late and the bikers cut him off....

37139jjj.jpg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
sorry jacko. been super busy with work and other things. i dont have my PM set to notify me, and i now have just read 30 that were in my inbox. didn't get your text that you had sent though. go ahead and list it back up jack, if i am able to go down there i'd pick it up, however with my work schedule it is super difficult. if you still have it when i have free time to pick it up, i will.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Always a smart move to piss off the owner of the site you post on...

Jack, if you need it out of your house I have room to keep it until sold at my shop or my storage unit in Frankfort.

Somebody buy this thing quick so Jack survives until labor day.
it's not a matter of space..

Wife: I want the table out of the family room.
Me: I'll just wait until Jimbo picks it up
Me: Jimbo will get it Saturday
Wife: It's Sunday, why is the table still here
Me: Jimbo must have forgoten
Me: give it a couple more days.
Me: Jimbowned

see where I'm going with this....
on Tuesday the table will be out on the curb for garbage collection.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
sorry jacko. been super busy with work and other things. i dont have my PM set to notify me, and i now have just read 30 that were in my inbox. didn't get your text that you had sent though. go ahead and list it back up jack, if i am able to go down there i'd pick it up, however with my work schedule it is super difficult. if you still have it when i have free time to pick it up, i will.

You made a commitment to purchase the table and pick it up. If you were too busy to get it or changed your mind, then all you had to do was let me know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info