Awesome!! Received My Exemption!!!!

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
This is great news. What put it over the top ? Pics of the N2O setup? I'll just send em a pic of my car slicked up pullin the wheels a bit, will that do? How many pics did you send?

Also, do you have the showcar insurance with very restricted miles on it, or regular insurance??

R

Roy V

It's by no means strictly a track car, but given the shitty mileage I get (7.5 mpg city) I rarely drive it except to the track. Given this, the fact it runs on clean burning e-85 and I'm mafless made me give the exemption a try.

I provided them with a copy of the engine build specs, pics of me at the track showing the white shoepolish #s and doing a smokey burnout, pics of the driveshaft loop, pics of the engine and pics of the interior. I also let them know it was converted to E-85 fuel. The exemption form is in a previous post.

That pretty much did it. Again, it's not a daily driver and having 19,000 miles on the odometer after 4 years helped too.

I have regular insurance on it.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Roy, do you just send in the form with some paper photos and then they contacted you to let you know that you did not get the exemption originally?? You said you were in contact with the lady via email, so I'm just wondering how to get started, thanks :dancenana: I'll just fill out the form, send it in with some pictures, and then if they shoot me down, I'll go from there I guess, unless there is a better way....

R

Roy V

Roy, do you just send in the form with some paper photos and then they contacted you to let you know that you did not get the exemption originally?? You said you were in contact with the lady via email, so I'm just wondering how to get started, thanks :dancenana: I'll just fill out the form, send it in with some pictures, and then if they shoot me down, I'll go from there I guess, unless there is a better way....

Here's the chain of events - I downloaded the form and noticed there was no address so I called the number at the bottom of the form. I asked what was needed and how long it would take. I was told to send some pictures and was provided an e-mail address to send the information in PDF form.

Once they received the information, they wrote back asking for some additional information (e.g., pictures of the interior showing racing shit). I wrote back explaining that that stuff doesn't necessarily apply based on NHRA rules and speed of the car. I also told them it ran on e-85. They wanted a bit more proof so I sent additional pictures as stated above.

I always made sure to be very nice when corresponding with them. I submitted the last of the pictures about 11:00 this morning and received a confirmation e-mail about 2:00 granting me the exemption.

I checked the SOS web site and the emissions hold was removed on my registration renewal.

That's about it.

Roy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info