Question about water leak in a 04 Lexus RX330

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
A co worker of mine has a 2003 Lexus RX330 and somehow water got inside and soaked up all the carpet(front and rear). He vaccumed out 1 gal of water yesterday and somehow it got back in there. He took it to the dealer and they said that they can't find anything wrong.

He took it to the dealer with the problem and they said they can't find anything wrong. The dealer is going to charge $65 to shampoo the carpet.

He's also concerned about mold. What can he do?

Thanks in advance

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
A co worker of mine has a 2003 Lexus RX330 and somehow water got inside and soaked up all the carpet(front and rear). He vaccumed out 1 gal of water yesterday and somehow it got back in there. He took it to the dealer and they said that they can't find anything wrong.

He took it to the dealer with the problem and they said they can't find anything wrong. The dealer is going to charge $65 to shampoo the carpet.

He's also concerned about mold. What can he do?

Thanks in advance

with all the rain we got i have to assume it is leaking through a seal somewhere. we have a company called "water doctor" that takes the car and does a high pressure water test over all windows/seals. i can see if i can find his number.

he has a good reason to worry about mold/smell i would spend the dough on the detail right away.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
with all the rain we got i have to assume it is leaking through a seal somewhere. we have a company called "water doctor" that takes the car and does a high pressure water test over all windows/seals. i can see if i can find his number.

he has a good reason to worry about mold/smell i would spend the dough on the detail right away.

Do you think that's something that would be coverd by warranty?

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005

Attachments

• dca9_1.jpg
    dca9_1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 278

03mineralg

If the vehicle has a sunroof there are drain tubes that run water from that channel down through the b pillars and out of the car. If something is wrong with the tubes it could drain onto the floor, im sure a Lexus dealer would check that out and also make sure any firewall grommets are in place.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
If the vehicle has a sunroof there are drain tubes that run water from that channel down through the b pillars and out of the car. If something is wrong with the tubes it could drain onto the floor, im sure a Lexus dealer would check that out and also make sure any firewall grommets are in place.

Yes he did say something about the drain tubes....Still waiting on word for lexus. Thanks guys for all the input and advice so far.

Swiss Chris

Feb 19, 2016
Hello Mr Unknown, my 2004 Lexus 300RX has a leak soaking my inner rear quarter panel.
My garage in Scotland tells me he has never heard of a leak that high. I suspected the rear hatch to be the culprit, maybe the cable tubes between the hatch and the roof.
You are the first person to even mention the rear hatch.
Where do your garage feel the water was coming through the hatch to your car? As I have been unable to trace my leak. Kind regards

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info