Got a solid axle on the garage floor?

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
I would really appreciate it if some kind soul that has both a solid axle handy where they can get the caps off, and also has a micrometer, could check something out for me.

Please measure the height of the carrier bearing cap for me, from the bottom to where the bolt head clamps down on it.

Ford Racing/ARP stud kits for 8.8 diff carrier do not fit the IRS. The IRS cap is thicker, by quite a bit. I'd like to by know how much.

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
I have both an Explorer rearend, and a '97 GT rearend, and a mic.

The cap looks something like this... you want me to measure where the red is?

capro8.jpg

BIGONTS

Addict
May 23, 2005
If you go to Maximum Motorsports' website they sell IRS specific aftermarket studs. Or, you can search Modularfords.com for the part number.

If you do get studs on there, I can't see you getting the cover on there because of the lack of room?? Unless you got the whole unit out? If it leaks, which is very common, you will have to take it all apart. I put my Billetflow IRS cover on about 2yrs ago and it's a really tight fit. Now it's leaking and I have to redo it. Not looking forward to it. :mad:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• ShelbyGuy
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list