Sneaky State Troopers

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Noticed this twice today, once on the entrance ramp to I-355N from I-88 and later on I noticed it again on the entrance ramp to I-355S from North Avenue.

The trooper was sitting in the shoulder (well up the ramp) waiting for somebody to go tearing by on I-355. After I entered from North Ave. my Valentine One indicated a burst of laser, which might have been him lasering me or a car already coming down 355.

I've seen this on the EOH before, but not on 355. Just a heads up...keep an eye on the mirrors after sailing past some of these ramps. Seems like 355 has been incredibly patrolled lately.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
I was out this weekend running around and I saw atleast 2 of them crusing around the suburbs which I dont see alot of at all.....I was actaully on my way back from St. Charles going east of North Ave and along the way this guy in this stupid crossfire kept hauling ass weaving in and out of traffic in front of me taking all the good places for me to get past the Sunday drivers so I was getting suck alot behind people doing 5 under the limit ugh whatever:mad:...so I get a hole and pick up the pace get past this guy "casually" well needless to say I got a chance to get past him and went into the turn lane to go north on Route 59 and he was behind me in the turn lane....well the :FIREdevil in me was starting to brew and I was going to let the light turn green and give this guy alittle show...well the light turns green and by habit I glanced in the rear view mirror and low and behold I catch a glimpse right over the top of the crossfire a set of low profile rollers(state trooper):eek: lets just say I rolled straight into 3rd gear and putted along at the posted limit. I didnt want to run the risk of catching shit for the tint so I flipped on the turn signal he crept by me gave me a look and took off. I tell you with those new rollers they are installing on top of the cop cars its getting harder and harder to spot them from a distance if that had been a taller car/suv behind me I never would have know he was back there:eek:h:

01Cobra3379

Jax is the man
May 16, 2006
the only ticket i have ever gotten was from a sting just like that. i was on my way from from Peoria 4-5 years ago, i was in my TT at the time, had the cruise on at 105. coming up 55 about 30 miles north of ISU, and i see an over pass about a mile up, i saw something sitting on the brigde, hit the brakes, seconds later the V1 goes off, i got hit with a laser, i had slowed down to 80-85, drive under the bridge and there are literally 10-12 cops lining the on ramp, and about 6-7 cars had been pulled over. drive passed all of them lining the ramp, and sure enough, one of them come after me. I pulled over, said he got me going 75 (thank god!) and gave me a $75 ticket which i paid on the spot. bastards...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info