Any suggestions on a trimmer?

BIGONTS

Addict
May 23, 2005
As a new home owner, I am looking to add to my fleet of lawn care equipment. I got a chance to try out an electric trimmer and I think they are awesome. You don't have to deal with the hassle of gas trimmer. Just hang it on the wall and charge it. I'm going to Home Depot, Sears and Lowes to check them out. Any particular brand I should check out? The one I got to try out was a Black and Decker that was quite a few years old, but still did the job.

Thanks

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have an Echo commercial grade gas trimmer. It's the only one I've ever had that has lasted for more than a couple years. You pay more up front but it's a much better piece of machinery than the store bought ones which keep breaking. Countryside lawn and garden in Orland Park sells them.

http://www.echo-usa.com/prods_list.asp?Category=TRIMMER

BIGONTS

Addict
May 23, 2005
I do not have too much trimming, but it looks a lot better when it's done.

ive had a black and decker grass hog for 5 years

works nice but ide rather have gas so i dont have to run 100' of extensions

I am talking about getting an electric, cordless one. You get a wall mounted charger and the thing just clamps to it when it's not being used and charges it. I would not be able to deal with extensions.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

I am talking about getting an electric, cordless one. You get a wall mounted charger and the thing just clamps to it when it's not being used and charges it. I would not be able to deal with extensions.

Chances are you will need to replace it every year or two. The batteries fail from the vibration, heat and from not being used each winter.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005

i got a gas homelight (home depot brand), works PERFECT! 75 bucks and its yours!

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Like Cliff, I also have an Echo gas trimmer. The thing starts on the first pull every spring. Echo's aren't cheap though, but you get what you pay for.

However, I would expect a battery powered trimmer from B&D to work well too.

I have a B&D 5 hp, 24v cordless lawn mower and it's great. I'll never go back to a gas mower after using this thing and I've had it for about 14 years now.

The battery is supposed to last about 5 years if you care for it properly. My previous battery lasted 7 years, but I'm meticulous about caring for it. Every winter, I pull the battery out of the mower and stick it in the fridge. This seems to help its longevity greatly.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
"Weed Eater" electric trimmer (plug in). It has to be about 7 or 8 years old now. Cheap, does a good job and is reliable.

MTD snow blower. 5 years old. Cheap, does a good job and is reliable.

Craftsman lawnmower. 5 years old. A piece of shit and was costly. Handle bar is tweaked, motor burns oil and the bag regularly falls off when half full. Can you imagine if I did not maintain the thing....

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info