Transformers....

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
Saw it yesterday. The parts with the Transformers fighting were some of the best CGI I've seen. You can keep everything else though.

I'm not sure why Michael Bay needs a wide slomo shot during every transition point. The music doesn't have to get 10 times louder with the action sequences either.

The boy/girl stuff was WAY too forced and overdone.

The whole scene where they were looking for the glasses needed to be 2 minutes not 15. You can only throw in so many ackward teenage moments before it becomes annoying.

I'd rather they spent more exposition on the Tranformers history the the moot stuff they did. The whole point of why they were on Earth was explained in ONE sentence.

I would recommend it just based on watching the Transformers beat on each other. Some of the shots are really cool. It's just that's ALL Michael Bay knows how to do and the rest of the film suffered for it.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
Saw it yesterday. The parts with the Transformers fighting were some of the best CGI I've seen. You can keep everything else though.

I'm not sure why Michael Bay needs a wide slomo shot during every transition point. The music doesn't have to get 10 times louder with the action sequences either.

The boy/girl stuff was WAY too forced and overdone.

The whole scene where they were looking for the glasses needed to be 2 minutes not 15. You can only throw in so many ackward teenage moments before it becomes annoying.

I'd rather they spent more exposition on the Tranformers history the the moot stuff they did. The whole point of why they were on Earth was explained in ONE sentence.

I would recommend it just based on watching the Transformers beat on each other. Some of the shots are really cool. It's just that's ALL Michael Bay knows how to do and the rest of the film suffered for it.

Sounds like I will be waiting for another movie to come out on DVD:p

01Cobra3379

Jax is the man
May 16, 2006
come on! it was a GREAT movie! it was just what i expected, if not more. were you really walking into that movie expected oscar winning performances? its was very visually stimulating, and kept my interest through out. GO SEE IT, even HDDVD will not do it justice, go to the theater!

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
A good movie needs a good plot.

THANK YOU!

It's just that they tried to do WAY too much and accomplished none of it. The movie didn't need the hackers or Sector 7 and they should've put Megan Fox in a 20 minute shower scene.

It's worth it to watch the Transformers and megan Fox but the rest was a mess.

*******SPOILER******

A Camaro beats the crap out of a Mustang.

drenath

Low MPH - Rand Road Crew
Jul 25, 2005
Did any of you guys watch the TV show? The plots on the TV show were stupid. If you were going into the movie expecting a great story then you never watched the TV show. I thought the movie was great other than the story line. IMO.
I grew up on that show :D It's been years since I watched any of 'em, but you can't put much storyline into a 22minute episode ;p

"Oh no the Decepticons are attacking XXYY to try to get energy, we must stop them!"

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
For the time, personnel, and money invested in this film the story was inexcusable. They tried to fit a 6 hour movie into 2.5 and it failed. There were like 75 story lines in there that got wrapped up in a sentence.

They should've made the main plot about the Transformers and why they needed to get the "All Spark(Energon Cube)" and made the "boy-comming-of-age" story separate. It was more "Robots-help-a-kid-get-laid".

I'm just mad that so much potential was wasted.

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
That movie was pretty darn good. The special effects for me were spot on. I would have done some very dirty things to that girl.

Overall I can see the story line issue but I too grew up on those things. Transformers were the shit!! I had so many as a kid. So for me the movie overall Rocked big time!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info