Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just got back from it. Honestly, words cannot describe how incredible this was. I had built this movie up to be something so awesome and it just completely destroyed those expectations. I can say, without question, that this is the best movie I've personally seen in the past....5 years if not more. The acting, story, action, everything about this was done perfectly.

But moving on to the star....Ledgers performance was without a doubt, one of the best acting performances I've ever seen in my life. I'm not hyping this up b/c of his death, not hyping it up b/c I have a sick obsession w/ this movie and certainly not hyping it up b/c everyone else is. I have never seen a character portrayed so perfectly since I first started watching movies. His movement, laugh, facial expressions, voice, everything about it was perfect. NO other actor could have pulled this off, no one. I can say that we truly lost someone great.

There is no number, letter or grade that I can give this movie. Perhaps I'm too glowing and I'm sure others will not agree with my words, which is fine, this is after all only my opinion. But honestly, this was nothing short of a masterpiece. All the hype, the wait, the obsession was all worth it. I recommend that every single one of you make it a point to see this. You will not be dissapointed.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
and i gotta give insane :bowdown:'s to the story.....never a slow moment. always a twist just around the bend. a solid mix of humor as well....but it was littered with dark undertones. this really pushed the pg13 rating w/ just the mental aspect alone....i could go on but i wont

M

Mitchubishievo

Just got back from it. Honestly, words cannot describe how incredible this was. I had built this movie up to be something so awesome and it just completely destroyed those expectations. I can say, without question, that this is the best movie I've personally seen in the past....5 years if not more. The acting, story, action, everything about this was done perfectly.

But moving on to the star....Ledgers performance was without a doubt, one of the best acting performances I've ever seen in my life. I'm not hyping this up b/c of his death, not hyping it up b/c I have a sick obsession w/ this movie and certainly not hyping it up b/c everyone else is. I have never seen a character portrayed so perfectly since I first started watching movies. His movement, laugh, facial expressions, voice, everything about it was perfect. NO other actor could have pulled this off, no one. I can say that we truly lost someone great.

There is no number, letter or grade that I can give this movie. Perhaps I'm too glowing and I'm sure others will not agree with my words, which is fine, this is after all only my opinion. But honestly, this was nothing short of a masterpiece. All the hype, the wait, the obsession was all worth it. I recommend that every single one of you make it a point to see this. You will not be dissapointed.

I seriously cannot see how a next one could be any better. It was too good. Literally too good.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I cant wait to see this. Now since i dont remember SHIT from the last batman's can i see this and not be confused with the storyline? or should i check out the older ones first.

id HIGHLY recommend watching Batman Begins. that and the Dark Knight are all new takes on the character and the series and half nothing in common w/ Tim Burton's Batman (other than of course being a batman movie). You dont need to see Begins, but you would be cheating yourself if you didnt at least watch it once.

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
So I wish I was saying how incredible this movie is but....

I got tickets for the midnight show, get there at 1030. Got great seats! Here comes 12:01 and WTF, the movie wasn't playing. At 12:20, they come out and say there is a problem with the projectors, it'll be on in 5 minutes. So, I go get some food, come back, and there is white static and loud noises playing. Then, the previews start playing backwards. WTF!!!!! We end up leaving at 1:10, get a full refund and free movie passes.

It doesn't matter tho, I'm sure I'll enjoy this movie tremendously.

And we were thinking about seeing it in IMAX and using the free passes for another movie. Or see it twice :dunno:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
best analogy EVAR

the crazy part about the joker is how likeable he is... and yet how much you hate him.

i loved it so much.

I especially like the scenes where he sits down and talks completely logical and professional, leaving you thinking "Hey, that actually makes sense." There's a realness in the madness, and a purpose to everything he does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info