so..um..anyone want to help me install an s/c?

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
so just bringing this back up to see if anyone was still interested.

i dont need a ton of people cuz u can only have so many people working at once on one car. i think trippleblackvert will be coming by to help and so far thats all i know of.

if u are interested PM for the address so u can get dirrections.

i will be starting the 17th (next sat) around mid day. not expecting to finish sat but you never know. just would like some help from people who have done the install before so it makes the hard parts easier.

after a long debate of trying to figure out what i want to do (HCI vs S/C), i decided the blower would give me the best bang for the buck!!

i want to do the install but i need some help from others who have done this before. i really dont want to screw anything up. after i install it, i will be having kurgan tune it :D . it would be great if some of you could give me a hand. i have enough tools at my place to get it done and beer and pizza will be provided :biggthump

i will not be doing this install till the week of March 18th as this is my spring break. i wanted to put this out there well before hand so i am not stuck at the ast minute with no help. i will bring back the post about a week before just so you can remember.

thanks in advance guys, i really appreciate it!! :D

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Blood on Blood said:
To compliment the GT 40 heads, Cobra intake and S trim, might I suggest an inexpensive Ford Racing E cam.

It will give you some hps, a camm'n sound and you will still have full brake pressure...

i think i will just stick with the stock one for now. i'll cam it when if i build up a motor in the future.....er excuse me WHEN i build up a motor int he future :laughing2

No problem there. I don't even drink. So you'll have at least one person thinking somewhat straight

cool, haha, looks like i will have to figure out a way to get beer, im only 19 :lmao:

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I may be able to help out, just depends on time. I can definitly make some suggestions as I have changed my combo quite a few times as well.

1. Ditch the FMU that comes with the kit. Upgrade to 42lb injectors and matching MAF. Get it tuned using a chip or handheld.
2. Get a power pipe. The intake that comes with the Vortech kit is pretty cheesy and restrictive. I have a UPR power pipe that works awesome and is pretty cheap.
3. Upgrade the intank pump to a walbro 255. You will still use the T-rex inline but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Those are a few things off the bat I would do. If you want you can PM me with expectations and I can give you some more suggestions.

8urSRT

Regular
Aug 31, 2006
-10 on e cam

F cam with a set of afr165s and your in business. e's are garbage if your going to do an alphabet cam. but if you can get a custom grind for you setup. go to Ed curtis he is the man, Flowtechinduction.com my car went from 1290 to 11 60 with his cam and heads swap

e cam= a nice hood prop
F cam good substitue for a custom grind

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info