Meteor Showers in NW burbs...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
So I have been putting some long ass hours at work... and on the way home this evening between 530 and 6 I was heading west on Rt58. There were some nasty clouds out there, but then I saw the weirdest thing... there was a patch where the storms cleared and looked bluish orange with some clouds, but also there were some pretty straight, what I thought were clouds... almost like something that a jet would make with their trail, but something didn't look right about them.

I called Kari to take some pics as she was at home, hung up and then noticed another one, but this was actually just being created, at first I thought it was a plane, but when you saw the trajectory it was not a plane, then I saw another from another angle... I got goose bumps, cause meteors popped in my head.

I get home and go on the back deck, and right above our house was another trail, fresh so I called Kari out and we watch it, it was definitely not a plane, especially since we saw one and it was travelling no where near the speed of what we saw. I think they burn up in our atmosphere... :eek:

Anyone else see this? :dunno:

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
Finally had a chance to upload the pics...

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 38

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
suzukiracer1604 said:
some cool shots you got! thats pretty weird tho....

Everything else was black except that spot. The weirdest one was once the clouds came over and we saw one shoot right over the house!I was like ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh shit! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info