Anyone else have Anxiety/Panic Attacks?

The Blondie

1MeanGt's Chick!!!
May 23, 2005
When I was in College I ysed to get them ALOT! I was in Culinary arts school everyhing was all about time..... So I would freak myself out SO bad I'd just break down.

NO do not go to the Dr and get some crappy meds to fix this. You need to over come this your self. You need to learn to open up to someone close to you and just talk about things. If you are feeling depressed then yes maybe you need some meds. But for Anxiety you need to either see a Therapist or like I said find someone close to you and just talk about anything and everything that is on your mind. I know how you are feeling.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
yeah, i am actually been on anxiety medication for awhile now. i used to get it really bad. i'd start to get real nervous then the nuasea sets in and i break into a cold sweat. once i got the hives. it was right before i was going on a cruise. i hate open seas!!! i only get it once in awhile but its enough to have meds for.

take it easy man, don't stress.

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
i used to get it really bad. i'd start to get real nervous then the nuasea sets in and i break into a cold sweat. once i got the hives.
Kind of the same thing here...Nausea, nervous and da shtts :( Sorry TMI
Went to a Dr who did a bunch of blood work and said maybe mild IBS???

Sucks as I can't handle large crowds and packed public places - why I won't be at any bars downtown or a Cubs game (they suck anywhy) or big concerts.
Went to Vegas a while back and started to freak out before getting on the plane, dramamine actually helped there. Was good in Vegas thurs/fri but Sat afternoon when the huge crowds rolled in - the nerves and BS came back :(

Helps to have friends around...but there has to be better/other solutions :confused:

oldmodman

Vehicular Antique
Feb 15, 2005
"ShelbyGuy every time i get something in an envelope from the clerk of the 18th judicial court."

With me it's that big, thick envelope from the Franchise Tax Board - Field Audit Division.

First I start to sweat.

Then my heart starts to pound.

Then I go and fondle my S&W 500 :eek:

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
oldmodman said:
"ShelbyGuy every time i get something in an envelope from the clerk of the 18th judicial court."

With me it's that big, thick envelope from the Franchise Tax Board - Field Audit Division.

First I start to sweat.

Then my heart starts to pound.

Then I go and fondle my S&W 500 :eek:

ShelbyGuy / Oldmodman --- LMAO

Mike, my oldest has a similar problem. It can be treated a number of ways &, IMHO, medication is nothing to be ashamed of. I will agree... it is always best to do without as I've had plenty of reasons to take this or that for stress etc...

In some cases it is uncontrollable. Example: Lack of or excess of certain chemicals in the brain.

In some cases it is controllable. Example: Taking notice of ones activities/actions that lead to bad stress. Then doing something about it.

Anyway... Here is a little Mayo Clinic info for ya bud...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/panic-attacks/DS00338

Peace.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Mystic544 said:
Kind of the same thing here...Nausea, nervous and da shtts :( Sorry TMI
Went to a Dr who did a bunch of blood work and said maybe mild IBS???

Sucks as I can't handle large crowds and packed public places - why I won't be at any bars downtown or a Cubs game (they suck anywhy) or big concerts.
Went to Vegas a while back and started to freak out before getting on the plane, dramamine actually helped there. Was good in Vegas thurs/fri but Sat afternoon when the huge crowds rolled in - the nerves and BS came back :(

Helps to have friends around...but there has to be better/other solutions :confused:

I hate planes and crowded places also. Packed clubs, bars, and resturants suck for me, but I am learning to live with it.

If anybody has Anxiety issues I would check out books, tapes, DVD's by Lucinda Bassett, she has the best stuff on the market and it works. I got the DVD's if anybody ever wants to borrow them.

http://www.stresscenter.com/lucinda.htm

Stay away from Paxil at all costs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info