Whachya think i could get for my car? $$$$

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
What do you guys/gals think I could get for my GT if I sold it. I have been thinking about selling it for a 03' Sonic blue cobra if someone would give me the right money for it. We'll see, I have dumped so much money and time into my car but I absolutely love the SB cobras. To the right buyer what do you think I could get for it. I am the second owner of the car and it was previously owned by a 54 year old Dr. that lived in Texas. Heres what the beast has:

I bought it with 42K and it now has 55K on the car.
2100 miles on the new motor. and 21,000 on the new trans and driveshaft.

Where did the mod list go hahahha

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
KBB on a stock one is just under $12K.

Your car to the right person is probably worth in the $18K area. Like was said ask $20,000, and make sure to get $18K if thats enough to make you decided to sell. Unfortunately, mod cars take huges losses on parts, and total losses on the labor those parts took to install. Thats why I'd never sell my 96 GT. It makes 640rwhp, and you can drive it around on the street, but its not worth anything.

2k4gt

qwik01cobra's cousin
Feb 21, 2006
1badass96gt said:

Your car to the right person is probably worth in the $18K area. Like was said ask $20,000, and make sure to get $18K if thats enough to make you decided to sell. Unfortunately, mod cars take huges losses on parts, and total losses on the labor those parts took to install. Thats why I'd never sell my 96 GT. It makes 640rwhp, and you can drive it around on the street, but its not worth anything.
:laughing2 :laughing2 :burnout: :alcoholic :lmao: :crying: :joke: :clap: :headbang: :headbang: :dunno: :rolleyes: :confused:

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
BOOSTED2V said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Your joking right? I got offered $18,000-20 when i first bought it with just the blower on it. But i guess its your opinion :-o Thats like telling Boost12 I'd give him $20,000 for his car :lmao:
I understand the car has alot of mods (I am not new to the car thing)
but it is a 2000 GT :dunno: and the car only Kellys Blue Books for $5K-6K
(in excellent condition)

I wasn't trying to insult you (just staing the facts) the right buyer, yeah you may get more :biggthump

Private Party Pricing Report - Ford, Mustang

Condition Value
Excellent
$6,890
(Selected)
Good
$6,375

Fair
$5,710

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
1badass96gt said:

Yeah I here ya. The car is finally done and I don't want to sell it but I always look at other rides and I usually sell my cars within a year or two, and if someone has the cash I wont turn it down. I have already had 4 stangs and I am only 20 years old. I know with the right buyer I could probably get the right kinda $$$. I sold my 91' LX that had some nice mods for $6,900 and I only paid $4,200 when I bought it. :eek:

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
CobraSusie said:
(in excellent condition)

Condition Value
Excellent
$6,890
(Selected)
Good
$6,375

Fair
$5,710

I am willing to bet if I even turned this car back to stock and traded it in I'd get $7,000 for it then I'd see it back on the lot for $15,000 the next day. The car is that very nice looking. :headbang:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I hate these f%&kin' threads.

Somebody posts asking for input from other members, sombody responds and then they get jumped on for their opinion.

www.kbb.com showed $10,360 when I plugged the numbers in for a 2000 GT with 55,000 miles (and I added every option I could). Adding tons of mods often does not increase it's resale value (unless you get the right buyer that's looking for exactly what you've done to the car).

For comparison, one of my friends recently bought a Real 2001 Saleen on E-bay with a built motor, twin turbos and low miles for $20,500.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
CobraSusie said:
I never doubted the car looked great :biggthump

I know I am just saying that even tho the value of the car is crap there are a million people out there that would wait in line for this car even with a $15k tag on it. We have such crap looking stangs on my street were I work that sell for $13,000-20,000 on the lots and I wouldn't give them $8k for most of them. I guess I just took offense to what you said the car would go for. But I guess your just going by the book. :biggthump

2k4gt

qwik01cobra's cousin
Feb 21, 2006
CobraSusie said:
(in excellent condition)

I wasn't trying to insult you (just staing the facts) the right buyer, yeah you may get more :biggthump

Condition Value
Excellent
$6,890
(Selected)
Good
$6,375

Fair
$5,710
COBRA GIRL YOU ARE CRAZY I JUST LOOKED AT KELLYS BLUE BOOK ON LINE AND IT SAYS 9,560 PERFECT COND BETTER CHECK YOUR BOOK :cool2:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
CobraSusie said:
(in excellent condition)

Condition Value
Excellent
$6,890
(Selected)
Good
$6,375

Fair
$5,710

Wow, I got alot higher number ($10,360) in my zip code (and checking all options).

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
ROASTIN RED said:
COBRA GIRL YOU ARE CRAZY I JUST LOOKED AT KELLYS BLUE BOOK ON LINE AND IT SAYS 9,560 PERFECT COND BETTER CHECK YOUR BOOK :cool2:
This is Kelly Blue Book (type in 46410 as the zip code)

more photosMore Photos
Condition Value
Excellent
$6,890
(Selected)
Good
$6,375

Fair
$5,710

Next steps
Search Local Listings
Sell Your Coupe
Vehicle Details Change Equipment
Engine: V6 3.8 Liter
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: RWD
Mileage: 55,000
Selected Standard Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks

Tilt Wheel
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette

Single Compact Disc
Dual Front Air Bags
Alloy Wheels
Blue Book Private Party Value
Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.
Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History
Excellent (Selected)
$6,890
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.
Good
$6,375
"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.
Fair
$5,710
"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.
Poor
N/A
"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value.
* Indiana 07/31/2006

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
ROASTIN RED said:

That's still a long way from $20,000.

IMO, demodding the car and selling the car and parts separately would be the most profitable, although I'm not sure how you demod a built Shortblock. ;)

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Cobra_DJ99 said:
yea man by the list of mods you gave and all the time, effort and money invested into the car id keep it unless someone comes up with the money you are REALLY looking for. how about you just take it to susie and have it painted sonic blue???

No my car looks dead sexy just the way it is. I don't care for the SB GT's. The cobras make that color. :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info