Up in CL and just drove my buds 70 stang

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Up in CL and just drove my buds 70 Mustang

A highschool friend of mine (87' Crystal Lake South for those of you keeping score) just picked up his new ride. Well not 06' new, but, an awesome 1970 Mustang. Check out the specs...

pro built small block stroker 317 cubic inch
425 hp / 375 rwhp
edelbrock rpm aluminum heads 2.02/1.94
roller rockers, forged pistons, isky cam
New T5 5 speed trans
centerforce dual friction clutch
9" rear Detroit Locker, 3.89 Richmond Gear
New suspension bushings and springs
new 16' rims and tires
ssb front disc brakes
2 year old paint
125 HP NOS kit with dedicated fuel system (its on the pedal)
aluminum drive shaft
aluminum radiator
MSD 6AL electronic iginition w/ rev limiter

He was crazy enough to let me drive it & needless to say I wet myself... The sound alone w/ that cam (drool). :headbang:

Pics / Files to big to upload, but, it is beautiful, so, if you see a blue 1970 Mustang throw him a :biggthump --- His name is Brian.

Have a good weekend folks.

-Tom

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
is that chassis or engine dyno? my +.040 428 pulled 460hp on the engine dyno and 490 lb/ft. i've never been able to drive it.

sounds like a nice guy and cool of you not to stuff it into a guardrail somehwere :D :) :D

my buddy kelly let a friend drive his shelby and it came back on a flatbed with a bent lower control arm.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
ShelbyGuy said:
is that chassis or engine dyno? my +.040 428 pulled 460hp on the engine dyno and 490 lb/ft. i've never been able to drive it.

sounds like a nice guy and cool of you not to stuff it into a guardrail somehwere :D :) :D

my buddy kelly let a friend drive his shelby and it came back on a flatbed with a bent lower control arm.

Not sure re: the chassis or engine dyno... I changed my post to just read 1970 Mustang... not to be misleading... however, it has the hood scoop that says cobra jet on it etc...

Yeah, very cool guy... Have known him for 22 years... Owns a pizza shop in McHenry (Taylor Street)... Good golfer too... Not to change the subject, but, we have been taking the drive to Harvard once in a while... Course name is Oak Grove... Very nice and the greens fee is very reasonable...

When I drove it I didn't get crazy... The last thing I want to do is crash his new found joy... I can't imagine how your friend felt after wrecking - talk about an immediate feeling of wanting to puke - arggg... However, when we went up to his pizza shop we decided to take both cars... Play a little cat and mouse... Fun...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Tom
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list