should i ?????

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Mike - Presuming this posting was placed in jest, I will play along. Some would say that car may be a good investment.

Me personally, I might think about hiring in a creditable classic car expert before making a large purchase like that to ensure I am not pissing away my money...

Then again, I did see a 2005 Ford GT (Red) w/ 595 miles for $155,900 at Naperville Jeep Hummer and thought it would certainly compliment your Silver Convertible Cobra.... :biggthump

Dave

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
you can get an 'elanor' (if thats your cup of tea) from shelby automotive with a shelby vin number today. it will look the same and probably cost the same as the one in your ebay link, but in the long run the one in the ebay link will just be a tarted up '68 and the shelby automotive one will be 'a shelby'

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Yeah go ahead and buy it so I can call it the uglyest Mustang I ever saw when I finally meet you to see it!

Sorry, but unless you're looking right into the engine bay....FAGETABOUTIT!

Just an opinion....since you asked for it, and mine has nothing to do with orignality, I just wouldn't buy that car real or NOT.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
you can get an 'elanor' (if thats your cup of tea) from shelby automotive with a shelby vin number today. it will look the same and probably cost the same as the one in your ebay link, but in the long run the one in the ebay link will just be a tarted up '68 and the shelby automotive one will be 'a shelby'
+1

And IMO all Elanor's are gay. Get a real GT500 and call it your bitch

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
do your homework on the market, and do your homework on the car (#00516 - its in the shelby-american world registry). its not perfect, but it is a legit car. clean title. i did a title search on it too but it only went back as far as the guy i bought it from.

car is painted
car has all new glass with the factory style green tint (but not date coded)
car converted to tremec tko and r134 a/c
car converted rack and pinion steering
global west suspension front and rear
car converted to 4 wheel disc (wilwood superlite2s up front and dynalites in back, with parking brake)
3.73:1 auburn pro with currie axles
autometer gauges in the dash by jme
flo-fit seats done in '67 comfortweave
fuel safe systems fuel cell
subframe connectors
+.040 428 c6me-a block, 1u crankshaft, eagle rods, ross pistons. custom built by jasper engines' shop that does their circle track cars. edelbrock performer rpm heads, shelby roller rockers, performer rpm cam, 10.5:1 compression. 460hp, 490lb/ft on the engine dyno
original c7zx intake with matched bj,bk carbs rebuilt and replated
ford powertrain tri-y headers nickel coated

all original shelby-american fiberglass. original shelby roll bar and doughnuts.

entertaining offers in the low $100,000s

10th03cobra said:
How much???? :cool:

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
do your homework on the market, and do your homework on the car (#00516 - its in the shelby-american world registry). its not perfect, but it is a legit car. clean title. i did a title search on it too but it only went back as far as the guy i bought it from.

car is painted
car has all new glass with the factory style green tint (but not date coded)
car converted to tremec tko and r134 a/c
car converted rack and pinion steering
global west suspension front and rear
car converted to 4 wheel disc (wilwood superlite2s up front and dynalites in back, with parking brake)
3.73:1 auburn pro with currie axles
autometer gauges in the dash by jme
flo-fit seats done in '67 comfortweave
fuel safe systems fuel cell
subframe connectors
+.040 428 c6me-a block, 1u crankshaft, eagle rods, ross pistons. custom built by jasper engines' shop that does their circle track cars. edelbrock performer rpm heads, shelby roller rockers, performer rpm cam, 10.5:1 compression. 460hp, 490lb/ft on the engine dyno
original c7zx intake with matched bj,bk carbs rebuilt and replated
ford powertrain tri-y headers nickel coated

all original shelby-american fiberglass. original shelby roll bar and doughnuts.

entertaining offers in the low $100,000s

Does it sound at all like that clip? Shit, my brothers Big Block 73 Vette sounds that good all the time also.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
hell i was only looking for mid $50k until i saw the green and blue ones cross the block on barrett-jackson....if a super duper perfect cream puff is worth a quarter mil, surely mine is worth half that....

10th03cobra said:
Damn, I can't swing that, even if I sell them both and manwhore myself out.

Itz a beauty though... :biggthump

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
hell i was only looking for mid $50k until i saw the green and blue ones cross the block on barrett-jackson....if a super duper perfect cream puff is worth a quarter mil, surely mine is worth half that....

Shelby endorses a company that makes them outta real 67-68 donor cars and you can custom order them with diff engines. They start out at $136k, but if your spending over $100k, it would be worth it for investment purposes.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
cars make lousy investments. there's a million better places to put your money (ASSuming you want the money to make money)

with something like that, you're hoping that carroll kicks the bucket soon (which is a distinct possibility) so the value of anything wiht his name on it is going to skyrocket.

a few years ago i looked into getting a 289 cobra unassembled car from him (all new parts, and a shelby vin) and it was $36k for a fiberglass body unassembled car. thats pretty competitive with an ERA or Superformance cobra replica. sure its more than a factory five, but a factory five car doesnt even look like a cobra so they really dont count in my book. anyhoo i figured it would take me 5 years and probably another $30k to complete. then i'd have an actual 289 shelby cobra.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info