Boomp... Boomp... Splash!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Amy and I were in the Menard's parking lot in Matteson buying some annuals [flowers]. We see an ambulance and fire truck come racing into the parking lot so I headed over to see what was going on. An older lady had driven straight over the 10" curb, down an embankment, and her car was submerged in the retention pond. The rescue services guys pulled her out and brought her to a gurney and up to the ambulance. She's talking away as they pulled her up the hill. Someone from the street must have called it in because we didn't hear anything in the parking lot until the emergency vehicles roared up. They must have been there within a minute or so of the call.

The paramedics worked on the lady for a while and then left with her in the ambulance. A flatbed showed up. The driver backed up to the embankment, ran his winch down to the pond, DIVED UNDERWATER to hook up her car, and pulled it out of the water and up the embankment. Really cool to watch. I have a couple of camera phone pics but I have to figure out how to get them out of Amy's phone. Lady is OK. Car will be smelling in a day or two.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
black35thGT said:
thats crazy! good thing they got there that fast and shes ok. what kinda car was she in?

i know with my phone i have to email the pictures to myself. my old phone had a USB connection, but i never used it so i cant help you there.

She was driving a white Tempo. One of the firemen grabbed her purse to bring to her. It was waterlogged and dripping.

Sprint wants us to pay to sign up so we can upload and then download the pics. Screw them. You guys will have to imagine a set of tire tracks leading down the hill to the water and a white Tempo dripping buckets of muddy water with the trunk popped and things floating around in it.

black35thGT

Apr 9, 2006
Flyn high again said:
Sprint wants us to pay to sign up so we can upload and then download the pics. Screw them. You guys will have to imagine a set of tire tracks leading down the hill to the water and a white Tempo dripping buckets of muddy water with the trunk popped and things floating around in it.
one more reason im glad to be rid of sprint.

black35thGT

Apr 9, 2006
Flyn high again said:
My wife is just finishing her contract and then leaving them ASAP. I left Sprint and signed up with Nextel... Only to have Sprint buy Nextel and Nextel service go from adequate to awful. Sprint is the devil.
cingular. so far its the best service ive had, and ive had quite a few companies. off the top of my head ive had, sprint, nextel, at&t (owned by cingular), t-mobile, voicestream (still around even?), and i think thats all. i had at&t, which was already owned by cingular, until about last year when i kept dropping call and found out my sim card was an older version so i was getting shittier reception than i should have been. in order to fix it i had to switch to cingular cause they already switched everything over to just them and got rid of at&t. only cost like $60 and i got a new phone along with the deal so it wasnt bad. just now my phone is screwed up and i can barely hear people talking. luckily its a common problem with the model and they replace it for free.

black35thGT

Apr 9, 2006
Flyn high again said:
This thread is about an older lady who bumped over a 10" curb and put her car into a retention pond. I was a bystander. The thread has swerved to cell phone providers. My car is not involved at all... :dunno:
ahahahaha yea i dunno how that happened. i guess you just reminded me of all the phones ive gone thru and how much every company blows.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info