Just got new C+D..

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
I took this off of svtp.. it pretty much sums it up.. but i will still scan the article.

Welp, hope the pro-GT500 and repost Nazis don't come after me, but just a few comments on the latest issue of Car And Driver....with a GT500 vs. Z51 C6 comparison. (now remember that C&D is usually very consistant and spot-on with their performance #s they get out of cars)

-C6 was marginally faster

A couple other things I sadly noticed about the GT500:
Weight Distribution: 57/43 ....holy fin' crap that's horrible. Testers mentioned bad nose dive upon hard braking....I know how 03/04 cobras can dive with 54/46 distribution, so I can only imagine.

Weight: ~3900

0-60: 4.6..... (C&D remarked that the car was very easy to launch, dropping the clutch at 3200 rpm....apaprently no big traction issues.....front tires 255/18 back 285/18)

70-0 Braking I believe was around 170 ft (vette was in the low 160s)....testers said the Brembo 14 inch brakes performed excellently .....#s are about as good as you can expect for the weight of the car

1/4 Mile: 12.9 @113 I was disappointed and shocked
The writers/testers even remarked that "the old cobra model achieved the exact same #'s, for $35k"

Skidpad: .9g.....slight improvement, but about as good as you can expect with that weight and distribution, and no IRS.

So all together, comparing to previous Cobra model's performance aspects; the engine is bigger and more powerful, the car's performance #s are exactly the same, maybe slightly better, weight is even worse, as is the distribution of it, brakes are bigger, rear tires are just slightly bigger and fronts are smaller, no IRS.....and it's 10k+ more expensive.

(Side Note)....the BMW M6's performance #'s in this issue absolutely amazed me! 0-60 3.8, 1/4 mile high 11s @ 121!!!! Price: $106k, .87g skidpad (eh...ok)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• VenomInside
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list