Street racing turns deadly - shootout on southside

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,6943674.story My sister and brother were over there when this happen.Thanks to God they are okay.
5 hurt, 1 dead, in shooting at drag race

By Jeremy Gorner
Tribune staff reporter
Published June 1, 2006, 5:19 AM CDT

Six people were shot and wounded, one fatally, while watching a drag race last night on Chicago's Far Southeast Side.

A gunman opened fire on a crowd of people with a handgun around 9:30 p.m. in the 8400 block of South Chicago Avenue, police said.

A 34-year-old man was found dead at the scene with a bullet wound to his chest, police said. The Cook County medical examiner's office would not disclose the victim's identity this morning pending family notification.

A 13-year-old boy suffered a bullet wound to his right leg and a graze wound to his chest, police Officer David Banks said. He was taken to the University of Chicago's Comer Children's Hospital, where he is in good condition.

The other four victims were taken to local hospitals in "stable" condition.

A 21-year-old man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital with a bullet wound to his chest and a 22-year-old man is at Stroger Hospital after being shot in his neck, police said.

A 39-year-old man and an 18-year-old man were being treated at Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Center, the 39-year-old for a bullet wound to his abdomen and the 18-year-old for a graze wound to his left shoulder.

Banks said the gunman fired at the victims from several feet away. He fired several more shots while fleeing the scene. The gunman is described as a man between 20 and 25 years old, and was wearing a white hat, white T-shirt and dark pants, Banks said.

Banks did not know if the six victims were the intended targets and could not provide a motive for the shooting. No one was in custody as of this morning.

Calumet Area detectives, who declined to comment about the incident, are investigating.

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Aug 30, 2004
thats why IL is retarded for not having a Liscense to carry a concealed weapon for honest law abiding zcitizens who needs to be able to protect themselves when an asshole like that comes out and shoots people.

If that was in IN I would have immediatly took my gun out and shot him dead, of course if I knew the circumstances for sure that he attacked unprovoked of course.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Unoid said:
thats why IL is retarded for not having a Liscense to carry a concealed weapon for honest law abiding zcitizens who needs to be able to protect themselves when an asshole like that comes out and shoots people.

Not sure that crowd of people watching an illegal street race qualify as law abiding citizens, but your gun rants are always entertaining. ;) :lmao:

Cobra_DJ99

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2004
that sucks man. i loved going to d-road, and that place is pretty much non existant anymore. wait till fast and the furious tokyo drift comes out. every sticker and carbon fiber exhaust will be sold out. and the street racing scene will blow up again with immature people like that. wheres chuck norris when you need him

Snowman

Large Member
Jul 20, 2005
I got some great places out here. Plenty of rubber on the road. I hate those races in the city when people try to jump out in front of you when you take off. Too many people that think their cool and 90% are total f'n losers anyhow. When your involved in a high risk illegal activity like this it seems like the scumbags come out in droves. I hate people looking all up under my car while other jackoff loser is trying to sell you some X. Besides I thought the cops shut that place down last year. As I get older the less and less I want to have to do with that scene.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
01Cobra3379 said:
Unoid said:
If that was in IN I would have immediatly took my gun out and shot him dead, QUOTE]

thats either a joke, or your an idoit.

How does that make him an idiot? (spelled correctly) He wants the right to protect himself and possibly save other peoples lives, and that makes him an idiot?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info