Autobahn Roll Call 2006 - Who's gonna be there?

SVT_KY

Resident Curmudgeon
Jan 15, 2005
Making the yearly trek this coming weekend. Who's gonna
be driving and who's gonna just hang out. The AV8SS race
is worth the price of admission. ($5) < grin >

You MIGHT even get a ride in a really fast truck, eh, Suze?

See you guys Saturday May 20th and Sunday May 21st

Cliff

PS ... If you get a wild hair, there ARE spots available.
We need more Lightnings and Cobras !!!

http://www.motorsportreg.com/pap/re...?uidEvent=A9C76795-9888-DAD7-AD7735B34BFBDC5D

OR email Mark Wilson ... [email protected]

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
I'll Be There!

I noticed that run groups 1 & 2 will have only 12-14 cars registered in them.

This a great opportunity for those first and second timers to get out on a road course. I'm just glad I was able to get out of group 4 since those crazy instructors are going to have lots of free time to tear up the track :eek:

Cliff, save some raffle prizes for me Saturday night :burnout:

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
I'm in group 3. Everyone stop by and say 'Hi' so I can meet everyone.

RoadAmericaPullingOut.jpg

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I'll be there.

Probably head out early Saturday morning, just so I can get a good nights sleep in my own bed.

Last time I stayed at that Holiday in over there I got no sleep. :(
It was tough trying to drive on a race track after being awake for 30+ hours.

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
SVT_KY said:
Making the yearly trek this coming weekend. Who's gonna
be driving and who's gonna just hang out.

You MIGHT even get a ride in a really fast truck, eh, Suze?
I plan on being there on Saturday, have so much to do this weekend,
but I only get to hang out with you guys 2-3 times a year...
so I will try like hell to be there :biggthump

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
PETSNKE said:
I noticed that run groups 1 & 2 will have only 12-14 cars registered in them.

This a great opportunity for those first and second timers to get out on a road course. I'm just glad I was able to get out of group 4 since those crazy instructors are going to have lots of free time to tear up the track :eek:

Cliff, save some raffle prizes for me Saturday night :burnout:

12 to 14 cars on the south track would be awesome. You will have no traffic.

I'll be on the No. track.

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
394 interchange to 80/94 is going to be a clusterhoohoo.

i'd shoot up 41 until you could cut over to kankakee and then head up 57. head west before heading north.

but thats just me. i say that without having traversed that corridor in a little while.

i'll have some guinness for after track activities, cliff. hopefully bruce will let me ice it up with his stuff. his rig is always where the party is anyway.

SVT_KY

Resident Curmudgeon
Jan 15, 2005
ShelbyGuy said:
394 interchange to 80/94 is going to be a clusterhoohoo.

i'd shoot up 41 until you could cut over to kankakee and then head up 57. head west before heading north.

but thats just me. i say that without having traversed that corridor in a little while.

i'll have some guinness for after track activities, cliff. hopefully bruce will let me ice it up with his stuff. his rig is always where the party is anyway.

Thanks for the help. Last year I went west on 30 to Sauk Trail and thn to Laraway. Since I'm going right to the hotel (Holiday Inn) I think I'll just stay on 30 til it hits 80. One or two exits and I'm there.

I'm bringing some KY Ale (Yum!)

I will be leaving about noon though ... Gotta work this morning.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
which car was yours? which run group were you in? why did you say hi? :D

i have 4 inserts leftover for the timesert repair. have kit, will travel. will work for guinness.

three solid seasons of no diff cooler and i think my entire differential subassembly is toast. sounds like gravel in a coffee can and has a nasty clunk on the drive side. not on the coast side though, strangely enough.

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
ShelbyGuy said:
which car was yours? which run group were you in? why did you say hi? :D

i have 4 inserts leftover for the timesert repair. have kit, will travel. will work for guinness.

three solid seasons of no diff cooler and i think my entire differential subassembly is toast. sounds like gravel in a coffee can and has a nasty clunk on the drive side. not on the coast side though, strangely enough.

Holy cow!?! Do you have the tool and inserts? Can I pick them up from you?? If so where!?! and how much? Call me if you have a blk of time tomorrow (three 1 7) four 1 3 - 0767.

I was the blk 2000 GT in Group 3. I only ran 1/2 of the first and the entire second session. I saw your car out and PeteSNK out, but was too busy entertaining my folks and worrying to say hi.

Sorry about your Diff. Pick up a Torsen and a cooler. Are your other rear end parts ok? If not, it might be easier just to buy a whole new unit.

Long story short - I had a plug blow out a few weeks ago. I was able to put a new plug in place np. I ran Mid Ohio np. Today on the way to Autobahn *bink* spatter spatter, same plug. I screwed back in and drove to the track. I checked it out, ran the yellow laps in the 1st session, then pulled off. I picked up 2 plugs at Autozone before the 2nd. Installed the new plug as a precaution. 2nd session, car ran great. I over heated my tires and boiled my brake fluid, but the engine was fine. I went to get gas, and once again *bink* spatter spatter.
what a way to introduce my dad to lapping days. I was hoping he'd get interested and join me. Oh well!

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Sorry I didn't make it out yesterday, I really planned to,
(after going to the BBQ in Sandwich, Il.) but man I ddn't know it would take 3 hours to get there, but it was worth it :biggthump

We headed out at 7:30pm still with the intentions to go to Autobahn,
and by the time we got near the turn off, it was almost 9pm
so I figured the gate would be locked or yyou guys may be at a bar or
something, so everyone that I didn't see (out of staters) Cliff etc.

I'll see you guys at Gingerman (for sure) :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info