Your opinion on brakes?

SVL77

Quiet Member
May 4, 2004
Time for me to get new rotors and pads on all 4 corners...my local Ford dealership quoted $1200 installed for OEM parts, so needless to say I will be buying the parts on my own and having a local mechanic do the install.

I'm thinking Brembo cross drilled with a decent (maybe Hawk) pad. I'm not overly concerned about cracking or warping since I'm not an autocrosser. TireRack.com has some decent prices and selection...anyone have suggestions on where do purchase a full set of pads and rotors on-line?

Gracias,
Scott

dohc97

resident mexican
Mar 21, 2005
If i were you i would go for slotted rotors instead of drilled, if your not going to be doing any autocrossing do you really want to risk those drilled rotors cracking on you? they are prone to crack and i have seen it happen on a lot of street cars. Why dont you try ebay for some slotted rotors? there are a few sellers who have great prices, as for brake pads hawk is good, i also like the raybestos ceramics. How much is your local mechanic charging you for the brakes? pm me if you want to save a lot of money, i work for food and pepsi ;)

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
SVL77 said:
Time for me to get new rotors and pads on all 4 corners...my local Ford dealership quoted $1200 installed for OEM parts, so needless to say I will be buying the parts on my own and having a local mechanic do the install.

I'm thinking Brembo cross drilled with a decent (maybe Hawk) pad. I'm not overly concerned about cracking or warping since I'm not an autocrosser. TireRack.com has some decent prices and selection...anyone have suggestions on where do purchase a full set of pads and rotors on-line?

Gracias,
Scott
Terry Moenich for Hawk Pads

Sport Brakes or Tire Rack for Brembo Rotors

Dimpled is less prone to cracking than drilled

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
I wouldn't bother going with overly aggressive pads. There isn't much difference between street regular and street performance in performance. Only the street perf will dust more. Even if there was a difference, you wouldn't really notice it after a day or so because you would just adjust your braking. I would go with soething that's not going to dust too much like Hawk Ceramic.

Bullitt-1469-

Regular
Jun 11, 2005
I have the same brake system as the 03 cobra on my bullitt the parts are expensive as fuck for full ceramic pads and quality rotors. i have a hook up at a car quest and just the front pads (best quality)were $204 but with discount is like $75 and they work awesome ive used a performance brake pad and i dont notice a difference, a ceramic pad is ceramic pad name doesnt really matter

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I got the Brembo front rotors and Hawk HPS pad from TireRack.

I opted to go with the cryo-treated rotors, but if you're just driving on the street, then you don't need those.

TireRack's prices when I did my brakes:
- Stock Brembo's for $65 each
- Hawk HPS front pads $95
- Hawk HPS rear $100

The dealer charging you $1200 is insane.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info