Grand National

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Now that spring is upon us, a few folks @ work are starting to smack about their cars via email. I'm pretty straight forward in my email as my mods are slight, however, among the work family (vette, audi s4, evo, jag, etc...) comes a car that has never been seen @ work, but, talked about...

1987 Grand National

I know these cars... dig em' & respect em'

I have no reason to doubt him, but, thinking what this monster might do in the 1/4. Here are some very general specs.

- new short block
- new heads / cams
- new (unspecified spec.) turbo

RWHP thought to be 600+. Thing is... He couldn't look at me in the eye while he said that and he kinda laughed. Now I'm thinking it could possibley be well over 600. :dunno:

He needs to put the engine in it now and shoud be ready in the not to distant future. So, anyone want to give me a very rough ball park 1/4 mile time?

Thx.,
Tom

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
T_Factor said:
Now that spring is upon us, a few folks @ work are starting to smack about their cars via email. I'm pretty straight forward in my email as my mods are slight, however, among the work family (vette, audi s4, evo, jag, etc...) comes a car that has never been seen @ work, but, talked about...

1987 Grand National

I have no reason to doubt him, but, thinking what this monster might do in the 1/4. Here are some very general specs.

- new short block
- new heads / cams

RWHP thought to be 600+. Thing is... He couldn't look at me in the eye while he said that and he kinda laughed. Now I'm thinking it could possibley be well over 600. :dunno:

He needs to put the engine in it now and shoud be ready in the not to distant future. So, anyone want to give me a very rough ball park 1/4 mile time?

Thx.,
Tom

600+ rwhp.......low 10's.

danimal

Regular
May 24, 2004
T_Factor said:

1987 Grand National

- new short block
- new heads / cams

Thx.,
Tom

chances are hell split your wig

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
gnxs said:
Good point. Very True.

T-Factor,
For the record, my original low 10 estimate was based on me making alot of assumptions and knowing these cars pretty well.

No worries... I understand what you and Slash are saying. That is why I asked for a very rough ball park. Heck, teling me 9 - 12 seconds give me an idea of the capability, depending on driver, of the car.

Thx.,
Tom

Segue --- Found this a bit funny...
For any "very" low budget wine connoisseurs: http://www.bumwine.com/

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Tranzlucent said:
That car's gonna lay down more than 600 to the tire with 25lbs I believe. With our little 281ci, we can lay down 800+ with 25lbs, so I would say that sixxer should lay down at least 650-700 on 25lbs. Car should be downright pissed off all the time.

No...."Car should be downright PISSED ON" all the time! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :laughing2 :laughing2 :laughing2

Man...talk about a Legend.....WTF. :argue: :dunno:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
MGT2002 said:
well in my et calculator, i added in the 15% loss for 690fwhp (fly wheel) and estimated a 3700 lb car (not the lightest car in the world) and it came up with [email protected].

so basically the car is labeled as fast

My GN weighs less than 3400 (including the cage). :dunno:

Chances are the guy T-Factor is talking about will have light rims and skinnies at a minimum.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
T_Factor said:

1987 Grand National

- new short block
- new heads / cams

Thx.,
Tom

is his name frank by chance?

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
gnxs said:
I was behind a guy the other day, plate was "TWEAKD".

I emailed him... His reply...

Not yet, but I'm thinking about getting some. I'm open to suggestions :)

I'd be interested in hearing some ideas & I'll forward them to him.

Side Note: By XSport (AH North) is a restaurant called Kappy's. I have seen a nice looking silver L there on several occasions. Anyone here?

Thx. much!
-Tom

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info