The 550 GTC Project

SN65

Regular
Oct 28, 2004
With the SN65 project winding down, we have been kicking around ideas for our next creation. It is called the FF-550 GTC project. And it stands for "Ford/Ferrari - 550 Grand Tourismo Coupe"

Here is a link to the data sheet of the new project.

http://sn65.com/FF-550 GTC story.htm

While the overall concept is going to be up for debate, we do have a few items nailed down.

First: This is going to be a group build. I am looking for 10 courageous individuals (all with 65 or 66 fastbacks or coupes) who are willing to follow along step by step and build an exact duplicate of the project in their very own garage.

Second: The project is to be completed for a group meeting at a major 2007 event. That gives us a year to complete the project.

Third: Budget. We are going to keep the budget to a minimum, but I expect that the total project will run right around 40K when complete (much less if you have a project car in the works right now and you have the major drivetrain components on hand). Also, while we are going to make every attempt to keep all tasks achievable by the average hobbyist, you may have to pay for services that are beyond your level of expertise (paint, bodywork, etc...).

Forth: ALL CARS WILL LOOK IDENTICAL TO EACH OTHER. There may be some leeway in regards to drivetrain selection, but all exterior and interior modifications are to be identical on all 11 cars. If you are hard headed (my way or the highway), if you are set in your ways, if you cannot play well with others, then this may not be the project for you.

I think it will be quite a site when all 11 cars show up at the same event next year. If that doesn't turn some heads, I don't know what will.

If you are interested, just drop me a line.

Bob

PS: We already have a couple of people interested. If you think this is for you, please get in touch with me ASAP.

SN65

Regular
Oct 28, 2004
I just took a real hard look at the "structural" modifications and the price is looking at right about $2,500. This includes the specially designed "K" member.

The big cost comes in with the Front/rear suspension and the R&P. As best I can figure we are looking at about $12,000 for the entire package (every last nut and bolt).

I will now be working up the drivetrain and body kit estimates.

Bob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info