So I blew my nose....

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Between your sinuses and brain is a thin layer of protective cartiledge. If it tears or breaks, you start leaking clear fluid (cerebrum/brain fluid). If you're not leaking anymore you will be fine, but if it continues to leak (you will notice it coming out of your nose too) you need to get to a doctor asap to have the tear repaired because it leads to meningitis.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
If I were you, I'd go to a doctor just in case...you never know if this is leading to something more serious and if it is and you could have cured it but didn't you'll be pissed; I promise. Last time I checked I never had what you described happen to me...that can't be normal. Good luck!

-Mike

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Solution to your problem.

1. Call a carpenter and have him install a stripper pole.
2. Order about 25 pizzas (don't forget a couple mexican style pizzas with guac and sour cream on the side - mmmmm).
3. Get 2 kegs of beer, 10 bottles of whisky and 6 bottles of scotch. Ensure you have enough napkins, paper plates, paper cups, and TP
4. Order 5 female strippers. Naa, make it 7 so they can rotate in and out, or tag team those with deep pockets.

We will all be over tonight at about 7 p.m. By the end of the night, your sinus issue will be resolved.

Dave

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Blood on Blood said:

2. Order about 25 pizzas (don't forget a couple mexican style pizzas with guac and sour cream on the side - mmmmm).
3. Get 2 kegs of beer, 10 bottles of whisky and 6 bottles of scotch. Ensure you have enough napkins, paper plates, paper cups, and TP
4. Order 5 female strippers. Naa, make it 7 so they can rotate in and out, or tag team those with deep pockets.

We will all be over tonight at about 7 p.m. By the end of the night, your sinus issue will be resolved.

Dave
That, by far, is the BEST prescription I have EVER heard. You can cure every disease imaginable with this. Can you be my doctor? But no rectal thermometers :eek: ...that's just not right. Not at all.

Seriously, we should do something like this...you guys think 5, no 7 strippers would cost a lot? Hmmm..... :biggthump

-Mike

wtw5974

What in the Hell?
Mar 2, 2004
Now that's entertainment.:headbang:

LMAO!
Blood on Blood said:

Dave

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Seriously -
The area between your eyesocket and sinuses has a seperating membrane which is ruptured. I have a buddy with this condition. He just lives with it.
Ever see someone laugh and spit milk out their nose? Ever see it come out their eye too? I have - Big fun at parties.

The clear fluid - Runny Nose drippings if I had to guess. You WERE Blowing your nose at the time for a reason, yes?

The Blondie

1MeanGt's Chick!!!
May 23, 2005
ChicagoMike said:
Between your sinuses and brain is a thin layer of protective cartiledge. If it tears or breaks, you start leaking clear fluid (cerebrum/brain fluid). If you're not leaking anymore you will be fine, but if it continues to leak (you will notice it coming out of your nose too) you need to get to a doctor asap to have the tear repaired because it leads to meningitis.
Yeah thats what it is. When I was in High School there was this girl that ALWAYS had a runny nose..... Turns out it was brain fluid!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you take care of that!

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
It's called cerebro spinal fluid and it's secreted in the choroid plexus of your brain by ependymal cells in the subarachnoid layer that forms between the arachnoid and the pia mater cranial meninges (the cranial meninges are three connective tissue layers between your brain and cranium). This shit derives from blood plasma, and encases your brain and fills many sinuses. It allows your brain (which wieghts 8-9 lbs) to "float" in your skull. This buoyancy stabalizes your brain and acts as an airbag full of water when you move around your brain. (or an airbag full of racing fuel :p) The dural venous sinus closest to your nose (the ethmoid sinus), like others stated, can not tear, but rupture. A rupture is not always open and can be hard to find, but can be easily sutured and rarely do you need to be put under anesthetic. (good for you) The CSF that excretes from your nose under sinus pressure is no worry, for the CSF is constantly being cycled and secreted in your brain. You have many seperate autonomic neurons in your brain that constantly monitor CSF level and add more when low, for without CSF your brain would crush the Diencephalon and Cerebellum under it's own wieght. So unless your sneezing out ALOT of shit, no huge worry. The only way to fix it is a fairly expensive hospital visit, but should be done none the less. If your wondering why i know this, I have a test on it tommorow and just recited all that off memory :p. Good study aid though. Anyone else have any problems? haha IF your feeling extra healthy yet disgusting though, CSF is filled with sodium, potassium, and calcium :p

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
Oh ya and the reason it came out of your eye (which i didnt read the first time)... the optic and olfactory cranial nerve travels through a small hole in the cribiform plate of your ethmoid bone, and through this is a small membane between your tear duct (which is just another sinus). So it took some funky route but it got there!! And thats not good if it clogs your tear duct, but it's not permenant in any way, but if it gets too dry, damage to your retina is permenant as hell. haha

The Blondie

1MeanGt's Chick!!!
May 23, 2005
yournamehear119 said:
Oh ya and the reason it came out of your eye (which i didnt read the first time)... the optic and olfactory cranial nerve travels through a small hole in the cribiform plate of your ethmoid bone, and through this is a small membane between your tear duct (which is just another sinus). So it took some funky route but it got there!! And thats not good if it clogs your tear duct, but it's not permenant in any way, but if it gets too dry, damage to your retina is permenant as hell. haha
Ok smarty pants...... I have a Heart Condition actually called S.V.T. What does that stand for?!
:p

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
S.V.T stands for when your heart beats so fast that it explodes and heart matter is shot out sooooooooo fast it blows the end of your index finger out and it becomes a heart matter index finger gun. and when ever you move your thumb and go "BANG" you shoot out shit from your finger sooooo fast.... you can kill someone

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Ah, Okay, now that we have a general and scientific understanding of the medical issue, LET'S GET THOSE STRIPPERS WARMED UP!!!!

Chill the beer, crack open the whiskey and order them pizzas!!!!

Stripper to the left, stripper to the right, I like a stripper who can spank me just right...

Uh Oh, wife is coming upstairs.

Bye

Dave

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005
yournamehear119 said:
It's called cerebro spinal fluid and it's secreted in the choroid plexus of your brain by ependymal cells in the subarachnoid layer that forms between the arachnoid and the pia mater cranial meninges (the cranial meninges are three connective tissue layers between your brain and cranium). This shit derives from blood plasma, and encases your brain and fills many sinuses. It allows your brain (which wieghts 8-9 lbs) to "float" in your skull. This buoyancy stabalizes your brain and acts as an airbag full of water when you move around your brain. (or an airbag full of racing fuel :p) The dural venous sinus closest to your nose (the ethmoid sinus), like others stated, can not tear, but rupture. A rupture is not always open and can be hard to find, but can be easily sutured and rarely do you need to be put under anesthetic. (good for you) The CSF that excretes from your nose under sinus pressure is no worry, for the CSF is constantly being cycled and secreted in your brain. You have many seperate autonomic neurons in your brain that constantly monitor CSF level and add more when low, for without CSF your brain would crush the Diencephalon and Cerebellum under it's own wieght. So unless your sneezing out ALOT of shit, no huge worry. The only way to fix it is a fairly expensive hospital visit, but should be done none the less. If your wondering why i know this, I have a test on it tommorow and just recited all that off memory :p. Good study aid though. Anyone else have any problems? haha IF your feeling extra healthy yet disgusting though, CSF is filled with sodium, potassium, and calcium :p

WTF? I have been drinking, but WTF? :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info