Loud Exhaust

J

Jpatte

I was stopped at a stop light at the intersection of Rt.45 and Laraway road. My wife, who was with me said, “Be careful a cop is at your right”. The next thing that she said “and a cobra is following the cop”. Both vehicles were traveling North on 45 and turned east on Laraway rd. Sure enough it was Cobra and the exhaust on the car was loud. Then looking closer at the Cobra it was grey with rear spoiler delete. This only means one thing. Cliff We sat at the corner and watched Cliff dissapear over the horizon behind the cop. We knew Cliff was still moving from the sound of the exhaust. After the sound deaden, I rolled down the window to hear Cliff still going at it. Dam Cliff, what did you do to your car? I think your exhaust is louder than mine. What happen to “I going to stay stock, I need my warranty”? :nono:

John

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Oh shoot. I didn't think the car was that loud. I was taking it easy since the cop was ahead of me. I was watching her and didn't see you guys She turned off down the road a ways. Is it really that loud? Mikey, Jack, and I were at my house a week ago idling the cars in my driveway while we were testing the HID lights we'd just installed and my neighbor yelled at us for waking her 2 year old up. I thought it was Mikey's car that was loudest of the three. :eek:h:

Exhaust is Bassani X pipe and cat back. It's part of the "new" package that I'm putting on the car. My car is nearly 3 years old and I want to have fun with it. I've always said I was going to mod the engine after 3 years... Ported stage 3 stiegemeier blower, 2.76 pulley, 60 lb. injectors, BAP, Big air MAF, tune coming in a couple weeks when Hermann comes to town, M/T drag radials, and 4.10 gears. Just a few mods... :dunno:

J

Jpatte

Yep its loud

Yep its loud and I know that you were just taking it easy being behind the cop. I bet if you open that sucker up you'll be breaking windows. :eek:h: Pam got pulled over in Orland Park for having loud pipes. The cop said "See this on the exhaust, it reads Borla" "This is not a stock exhaust and its illegal" The cop let go without a ticket or warning. I guess, when you see a lady climbing out of a Cobra with high heels and a pant suit, you would assume that she wasn't responseable for the upgrades. Little did he know that it was her car! Tee Hee

John

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Jpatte said:
Yep its loud and I know that you were just taking it easy being behind the cop. I bet if you open that sucker up you'll be breaking windows. :eek:h: Pam got pulled over in Orland Park for having loud pipes. The cop said "See this on the exhaust, it reads Borla" "This is not a stock exhaust and its illegal" The cop let go without a ticket or warning. I guess, when you see a lady climbing out of a Cobra with high heels and a pant suit, you would assume that she wasn't responseable for the upgrades. Little did he know that it was her car! Tee Hee

John

LOL! I'm sure her good looks helped...

You going up to the Speed Inc. open house tomorrow morning? Lyle, Brian, and I are talking about it. I have to wash my car in the morning if I'm going to go. It was out in the rain a couple days ago.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Jpatte said:

John

All this loud exhaust talk gets me goin. But are you serious? Is it illegal to have an aftermarket exhaust? Granted Im not all that into the extreme scream pipes. I dont mean to sound dumb but wtf? :confused:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Rotzs99 said:
All this loud exhaust talk gets me goin. But are you serious? Is it illegal to have an aftermarket exhaust? Granted Im not all that into the extreme scream pipes. I dont mean to sound dumb but wtf? :confused:

In Illinois, you're not supposed to modify the exhaust. Idle it past all cops.

J

Jpatte

Flyn high again said:
LOL! I'm sure her good looks helped...

You going up to the Speed Inc. open house tomorrow morning? Lyle, Brian, and I are talking about it. I have to wash my car in the morning if I'm going to go. It was out in the rain a couple days ago.

Sure lets go. Lets meet up with the others at the mall

John

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Flyn high again said:
In Illinois, you're not supposed to modify the exhaust. Idle it past all cops.
Yea its all that noise pollution, thats why our cars come w federal restricted exhaust. not just our cars camaros, ta's, and so on. And most definetly bikes, on my rc51's exhaust it reads that its illegal 2 remove or modify in any way, unless off road use. :nono:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
hey reporting from Hans, passed my compression test ;)

Cliff, your exhaust is QUIET. You will hear mine soon. Borla Stingers + Bassani catted X + Bassani headers. After the drive here I couldn't hear Hans talking, I was like "WHAT???? WHAT??? sorry my exhaust makes me deaf!"

LOL!

UPDATE: I put my baffles back in today. If JPatte can hear me from nearly half a mile, it's time to quiet it down a little. Baffles sound a little quieter and not nearly as raucous.

J

Jpatte

baffles

Flyn high again said:
LOL!

UPDATE: I put my baffles back in today. If JPatte can hear me from nearly half a mile, it's time to quiet it down a little. Baffles sound a little quieter and not nearly as raucous.

If I had baffles for my Borlas, they would be in today too. But I don't think borla makes baffles for the stingers.

john

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info