May 21, 2005
Here and There
maybe old, but, what the hell....

MR. PRESIDENT, I'M HEADED TO MEXICO

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family,
and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across
the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few
arrangements. I know you can help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports,
immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the
same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that
I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting
the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might
need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the
flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and
lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy
access to government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any
effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the
memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all
police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals
on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not
want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes,
and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice
and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might
place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these
things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am
sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him
nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail
hunting with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely, Paul

---

> > CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE BEER DRINKER
> >
> > "Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel
> > shamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in
> > the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink
> > this beer, they might
be
> > out
> > of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself,
"It
> > is
> > better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than
be
> > selfish and worry about my liver."
> >
> > ~ Jack Handy
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> >
> > "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the
> > morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. " ~Frank

> > Sinatra
> >
> >
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> >
> > "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
> >
> >
> > ~ Henny Youngman
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
> >
> >
> > ~ Stephen Wright
> >
> > ~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > "When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
> > When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go

> > to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"
> >
> >
> > ~ Brian O'Rourke
> >
> >
> > "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
> >
> >
> > ~ Benjamin Franklin
> >
> >
> > "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind

> > is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention,
> > but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
> >
> >
> > ~ Dave Barry
> >
> >
> > BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.!!!
> >
> >
> > ~ "Unknown"
> >
> >
> > Remember "I" before "E" e xcept in Budweiser.
> >
> >
> >
> > To some it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a

> > can!
> >
> >
> > And saving the best for last, as explained by Cliff Clavin, of
Cheers.
> > One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining the
> > Buffalo Theory to his buddy Norm. Here's how it went:
> > "Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only
move
> > as
> > fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the
> > slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This
> > natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the
> > general
speed
> > and
> > health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of
the
> > weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only
operate
> > as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as
we
> > know,
> > kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and
weakest
> > brain
> > cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates
the
> > weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient
> > machine.
> > That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

dohc97

resident mexican
Mar 21, 2005
Hopefully the mexican thing is just a joke, its pretty ignorant of a lot of facts. Last i checked my illegal inmigrant dad payed taxes for about 10 years and never once during that time did he get anything for free, where is his tax money? The one time when he did end up getting surgery the man worked overtime for 2 years to pay for his $12000 surgery. Ill stop there, if it was a joke sorry, if it wasnt then im not sorry and i can add more but wont out of respect for this site.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Well, Im sorry if I offended you. Your dad seems like a respectable person. I just hate how America has gotten so politically correct. Classes in school that are ESL (english second language) Give me a break. English should be first language period. Im in Texas now and i expect to hear spanish and see latin people all over the place, but It really jolts my bones when we play a baseball team overcrowded with spanish speaking kids and all they do is jabber in spanish. Talk about annoying. Some of the guys we played couldnt understand the english speaking umpires :confused:

Im sorry sometimes i just dont get it, and im sure im probably coming off as ignorant and stupid but i dont care, i have opinions. It also bothers me when i look on the news and all these Mexicans are protesting in AMERICA and waving a MEXICAN flag. You are in the U S OF A and if you want to be here wave the the STARS and STRIPES not the green/white/red.

dohc97

resident mexican
Mar 21, 2005
all your seeing is what is posted on the news, go do some research on the subject, get the facts straight and then talk about it. Opinions are fine, but you should base them on facts. If all you have to go on is what you see in the news then thats a pretty one sided view. Im obviously biased so i wont go into my beliefs, just do some research because the worst thing someone can do is be ignorant. I try to educate myself on things i discuss before actually posting so that i have facts to go on. My dad is not the only illegal(he is a legal resident now and about to be a citizen) that has payed taxes and not received anything for it, read up is all i can say.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Sorry, Im a college student, and research isnt my game....hehehe. All i can go on is the news and what my professors say. Ill be sure to do some research when the 08 elections come about.

and PS. I never really argued with you in the first place. All i said was, I hate it when people go crazy in spanish. It bothers me no matter what language it is, polish, spanish, swedish, canadian or otherwise. Its the same as if some guy was speaking english with a heavy heavy accent. AND only the American flag should fly in this country. You can be proud of your heritage on your own terms but if you come here, love the country, love the flag or why be here.

Please dont keep hitting me with the taxes deal, i never mentioned it, and i dont know anything about illegal aliens paying taxes.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
dohc97 said:
Hopefully the mexican thing is just a joke, its pretty ignorant of a lot of facts. Last i checked my illegal inmigrant dad payed taxes for about 10 years and never once during that time did he get anything for free, where is his tax money? The one time when he did end up getting surgery the man worked overtime for 2 years to pay for his $12000 surgery. Ill stop there, if it was a joke sorry, if it wasnt then im not sorry and i can add more but wont out of respect for this site.

dohc97,

From one person to another...
Attempt @ humor.... Poor taste or I offended??? Accept my apologies...

I don't post to incite or promote animosity.

Peace,
Tom

Food for thought:
http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecenterslist8e20

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Doug02GT said:
Illegal immegrants are not all Mexicans. We need to stop thinking they are the one in the same. I was born in California, yes there were illegal Mexicans, but there are a shit load more Asians that are illegal.

I understand this, but thats who the news focuses on. And the ones that i see on tv demonstrating. I dont single people out, just sayin. And pretty much the deals going on in washington are strengthening our borders.

dohc97

resident mexican
Mar 21, 2005
T_Factor said:
dohc97,

From one person to another...
Attempt @ humor.... Poor taste or I offended??? Accept my apologies...

I don't post to incite or promote animosity.

Peace,
Tom

Food for thought:
http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecenterslist8e20
T factor im not offended at all, thats why i said i hope it was a joke, i think most everyone on chicagosvt is quite mature and able to handle debates such as this. I just wanted to be sure that it was a joke, expressions and emotions are a little hard to get accross when one is typing. So dont worry about it because i was not offended.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
dohc97 said:
all your seeing is what is posted on the news, go do some research on the subject, get the facts straight and then talk about it. Opinions are fine, but you should base them on facts. If all you have to go on is what you see in the news then thats a pretty one sided view. Im obviously biased so i wont go into my beliefs, just do some research because the worst thing someone can do is be ignorant. I try to educate myself on things i discuss before actually posting so that i have facts to go on. My dad is not the only illegal(he is a legal resident now and about to be a citizen) that has payed taxes and not received anything for it, read up is all i can say.

I don't think your dad was specifically targeted in his original post. :dunno:

Of course there are tons of folks like your dad, but there are also a shitload of people that are NOT like your dad and pose a real problem for this country. There are two sides to this story and truths and falsehoods on both sides of the argument. I'm glad you admitted your biased about this, because you obviously are, but it's always good to hear the other side of this story that we're not always privy too.

I've seen you post in these threads every time they come up (and that's cool), but keep in mind your dad is only 1 of millions of illegals (and not only Mexicans) in this country. While we may not have all our facts straight on this subject, it is certainly a real problem for America that needs to be resolved.

dohc97

resident mexican
Mar 21, 2005
Fastronald said:
Welcome To America.................learn To Speak English!
Me no speako ingles

Little hint: America is not just this country, if you look at the facts this country does not actually have a name, United States of America is the official name, yet the whole continent is America. Thats why we have North America, Central America, South America.

dohc97

resident mexican
Mar 21, 2005
gnxs said:
I don't think your dad was specifically targeted in his original post. :dunno:

Of course there are tons of folks like your dad, but there are also a shitload of people that are NOT like your dad and pose a real problem for this country. There are two sides to this story and truths and falsehoods on both sides of the argument. I'm glad you admitted your biased about this, because you obviously are, but it's always good to hear the other side of this story that we're not always privy too.

I've seen you post in these threads every time they come up (and that's cool), but keep in mind your dad is only 1 of millions of illegals (and not only Mexicans) in this country. While we may not have all our facts straight on this subject, it is certainly a real problem for America that needs to be resolved.

gnxs(i dont know your name yet sorry)

I know what your saying but what really pisses me off is when people talk about something without knowing the facts. I noticed that you are one of the few who actually knows both sides. I know im biased but at the same time i try not to be naive, like any culture or like in any society there has to be good people and bad people within inmigrants. The difference being is that most people assume its just a mexican thing, when there is all kinds of people who are inmigrants besides mexicans, maybe we are just more visible. I dont mind a good discussion as was going on in the other thread, on this one i just thought that unless it was a joke it was a little racist. The author chimed in and said that it was a joke and thats fine with me. I see a bunch of people(not saying its anyone on this thread or this site) that completely forget how this country was started, it was inmigrants who started and built this country. I want everyone to know that im discussing this in a good way and that i really appreciate people actually being mature about it.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
dohc97 said:
gnxs(i dont know your name yet sorry)

I know what your saying but what really pisses me off is when people talk about something without knowing the facts. I noticed that you are one of the few who actually knows both sides. I know im biased but at the same time i try not to be naive, like any culture or like in any society there has to be good people and bad people within inmigrants. The difference being is that most people assume its just a mexican thing, when there is all kinds of people who are inmigrants besides mexicans, maybe we are just more visible. I dont mind a good discussion as was going on in the other thread, on this one i just thought that unless it was a joke it was a little racist. The author chimed in and said that it was a joke and thats fine with me. I see a bunch of people(not saying its anyone on this thread or this site) that completely forget how this country was started, it was inmigrants who started and built this country. I want everyone to know that im discussing this in a good way and that i really appreciate people actually being mature about it.

NP, Larry is my name.

I enjoy your posts (and have learned some from them) about this subject. The political topics are always very "emotional" and I always question whether to post in them. I'm glad to see you can have a level headed discussion even with people that disagree on some of this. :headbang:

Lots of issues here that people on both sides of the argument need to know about. Some of my best friends on this board are Mexican (Victor/Eddie) and I value their opinion on this, even though I might not agree with everything they say 100%.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info