Wheel opinion....

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
OK so I am debating selling my 17x9 Chrome Wheels and Tires to go with something not so common looking that is also not going to break the bank.

What does everyone think of these. I was also thinking of the Retro style Torq Thrust D wheels.

American Racing
Cobra (Series 427)
1-piece painted/polished alloy

:biggthump

dohc97

resident mexican
Mar 21, 2005
I have been contemplating the top ones for awhile. I saw them on a car and they looked good to me, and a big plus is that not everyone and their grandma has them. Have you looked at prices? just curious as to what might be the cheapest place, i just might get them.

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
I havent got any prices yet, but do plan to call around on Monday. Dont get me wrong I like the Cobra wheels I have. But have also been looking at a 10.5 wide version for the rear. But I do kinda want something that like you said not everyone and their grandma has.

Was also contemplating the Weld Prostar for both the weight savings and the muscle car look.

Who knows what the hell I will do. But I am itching to do something.

Thanks for the feedback so far!!

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I saw the top ones an a Cobra....I didn't like them live...like I did in the photos. I almost bought them, but it seems every time I start to think about wheels or a Whipple I get kicked by an expensive repair.....oh well.

I also don't think the NEW Hallibrand model fits our cars. They show it on a GT but NOT a Cobra. It might just be that the rears that won't fit without a spacer or sometning, I forget.

The second wheel may be common.....but it's awesome, and that's why.

Oh yeah...American Racing Wheels......let's see now what word starts with a "J"....OH yeah...JUNK...poor quality. I wasn't happy with a set I bought once. Look elsewhere, unless they are selling Halibrand...they may be OK, but "I" would stay away from American Racing. Just my .2.

Since 1964 said:
I saw the top ones an a Cobra....I didn't like them live...like I did in the photos. I almost bought them, but it seems every time I start to think about wheels or a Whipple I get kicked by an expensive repair.....oh well.

I also don't think the NEW Hallibrand model fits our cars. They show it on a GT but NOT a Cobra. It might just be that the rears that won't fit without a spacer or sometning, I forget.

The second wheel may be common.....but it's awesome, and that's why.

Oh yeah...American Racing Wheels......let's see now what word starts with a "J"....OH yeah...JUNK...poor quality. I wasn't happy with a set I bought once. Look elsewhere, unless they are selling Halibrand...they may be OK, but "I" would stay away from American Racing. Just my .2.

Hey Dennis clear your pm box!!!

Ford Motorsport has some new Bullet 18inch chrome wheels.......and many others.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info