Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
I got the idea a long time ago that it would be really nice to have a LCD display that would show me the coolant temp, the IAT1 temp and the IAT2 temp, but I just never had time to put together the needed schematics and program to do it.

Well I've finally found some time, and have planned most of the details to make this work.

I might possibly look to make this a side business, if there is enough interest in it, that would bring my costs down as well.

The purpose of this thread is to judge interest and feasibility.

I would be using an LCD Display similar to this:
wb2.jpg

Now for the costs.
Presently it would cost about $70 to make with an LCD like the one above.. there are much nicer LCD's out there with would cost an additional $10-30 bucks.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Cobra Jack said:
I got the idea a long time ago that it would be really nice to have a LCD display that would show me the coolant temp, the IAT1 temp and the IAT2 temp, but I just never had time to put together the needed schematics and program to do it.

Well I've finally found some time, and have planned most of the details to make this work.

I might possibly look to make this a side business, if there is enough interest in it, that would bring my costs down as well.

The purpose of this thread is to judge interest and feasibility.

I would be using an LCD Display similar to this:
wb2.jpg

Now for the costs.
Presently it would cost about $70 to make with an LCD like the one above.. there are much nicer LCD's out there with would cost an additional $10-30 bucks.

awesome idea :headbang: I have interest in this.

depending on how it is designed etc.. im not sure what i would be willing to pay

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
There will be two seperate housed units, the control module (brain box) about 8x4x2 inches, and the display LCD. this would be to facilitate mounting.

There would also be an on/off switch

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Hmmm... this would give us a better idea of how we do at the track.... hmmm... I may be interested as well. Plus it's a gadget and I'm a geek. I'll give you raptorish pricing as well... my vote in.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My advice is look around the car and find the best place to mount an LCD. Then find one that fits that spot well. Add up all your parts and labor costs and add 100% to give an adequate profit margin and allow for business overhead. See if the end price sounds reasonable. If it's too high, you may have to cut into your profit margin to drop the price to a salable level.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Flyn high again said:
My advice is look around the car and find the best place to mount an LCD. Then find one that fits that spot well. Add up all your parts and labor costs and add 100% to give an adequate profit margin and allow for business overhead. See if the end price sounds reasonable. If it's too high, you may have to cut into your profit margin to drop the price to a salable level.

My idea is to have the display in a seperate enclosure with a cable link between the "brain" and the display that way you can mount it anywhere you wish.

There's no room for a 100% mark up, no one will pay $150 bucks for this.. If I can make $20 bucks per unit to cover my time that would be great.. I'm not looking to get rich off of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info