That's it! I'm going to Comcast

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You may remember the thread where I was debating switching from DSL/Satellite to Comcast. Comcast has a deal [through today] that offers 12 months of Silver Plus cable TV [includes HBO or Starz] plus 12 months of high speed internet for $69.98 per month [plus boxes, fees, taxes, of course]. Anyways, SBC DSL just raised my rate from $19.95 to around $50 just for DSL. I told them not to do that to me or they were history but did they listen? NO! They waited a few months and raised my rates anyways. So you know what? Bye bye DSL. Hello cable

I like Dish Network satellite TV but it looks like it's going to get collateral damaged out of the picture. The cable deal is too good to pass up. One fringe benefit is that I can hook up my kids' TVs in their rooms so I may never have to see them again!

After the first year contract expires, I'll tell Comcast to give me the same rates for another year or I'll leave them. Gotta play the game...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
blubyu said:
Go get'em Cliff!!!! :ar: :ar:

LOL! I'm in a bad mood today. I'm fed up and I'm not going to take it anymore. Coincidentally, Amy and I decided to switch to Comcast on the last day of the deal. If we'd waited until tomorrow before reading the fine print, I'd be paying a lot more.

J

Jpatte

Phone service

Flyn high again said:
LOL! I'm in a bad mood today. I'm fed up and I'm not going to take it anymore. Coincidentally, Amy and I decided to switch to Comcast on the last day of the deal. If we'd waited until tomorrow before reading the fine print, I'd be paying a lot more.

Cliff,

If your paying over 40 bucks a month for your telephone, switch that over to comcast too. I know there are other services, but I went with comcast. My old service is costing about 70 bucks and comcast is 40. So that going to be some savings every month.

john

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
Flyn high again said:

LOL,

I'm an idiot, I pay too much for everything. If I looked at the monthly bills I'd probably do very bad things. I try to keep out of the bills, it's one of my secrets to a long marriage.

I don't smoke, too expensive, but I'll drop 40.00-60.00 a week on beers bowling night. Two phone lines / DSL / Alarm service / Sat boxes up the ying yang. Anytime I want a raise I have all kinds of options. The story of my life.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
RUN, do not walk away from SBC. They suck!

Comcast has been great. I've had it ever since it was available in my neighborhood.

I get 6.5 Mbps down and about 512 up. We never have any service outages either.

That's a pretty sweet deal you've got with Comcast. Too hard to pass up.

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
I couldn't pass up the deal I just got for Dish Network. They gave me a free dual tuner DVR that controls two different TV's in my house. I also got a free High Definition Receiver, along with the special dish needed and installation all for free. They are also giving me 6 months of free HD programming (they have 20 channels because they bought out VOOM). I'm also getting every single movie channel for free for 3 months. Without keeping the movie channels, and after 6 months, I'll have to start paying for the HD programming. At that point, my monthly bill will be only $46.99 per month! :headbang:

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Get ready for snowy TV again Cliff!

Maybe I'm just too picky, but I can not stand the way Comcast looks compared to the crisp clear DirecTV signal. Plus the random lineup of channels on Comcast irks me.

I will give their newer cable modem service props though. They used to suck ballz, but seem like they've cleaned up the service. Too bad their TV signals suck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info