Need Some Advice on U Turn Ticket....

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
Ok well two weeks ago A few buddies of mine with mustangs were crusing around. We deciced to pull u turns. As it turns out there were two left hand turn lanes. I was in the right hand lane becuase I could not get over in time. So I waited for the car in the left lane to go and I pulled a u turn after he was already turning. As I pull it the lights go on and I get a ticket for an illegal u turn becuase I was in the wrong lane. This is my first ticket ever and Im not sure what to do. There was no sign that said no u turn or u turn in this lane only. I need advice on what to do in court. I do not want to go to driving school or have supervision for for the summer. Summer is comming up and I dont want to have the court watching me in case I get a ticket for exhaust or other bs. I mean I see that people get warnings for speeding excessivly and things like that and I get a ticket for a u turn, which I feel isnt nearly as bad. I know it was wrong but can I get away with it without having my insurance go up??? Thanks and please advise!!!

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
your other alternative is to pay through the nose and get a lawyer. having a member of the bar next to you goes MUCH farther with the judge (who also a member of the bar association) than not. traffic court is "cash-register justice." its all about how much you feel like paying.

that said, even having a lawyer is no guarantee. if the judge fought with their spouse before leaving the house that morning you may very well be shafted, lawyer or no lawyer...knowhwatimean? its always a crapshoot.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
This is the statute that applies to u-turns:

(625 ILCS 5/11‑802) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 11‑802)
Sec. 11‑802. Limitations on U turns. (a) The driver of any vehicle shall not turn such vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction unless such movement can be made in safety and without interfering with other traffic.
(b) No vehicle shall be turned so as to proceed in the opposite direction upon any curve, or upon the approach to or near the crest of a grade, where such vehicle cannot be seen by the driver of any other vehicle approaching from either direction within 500 feet.
(Source: P.A. 82‑783.)

I don't know what statute you were written under though.

There are a lot of laws that apply to turns at intersections.
Look here:
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilc...&SeqEnd=130300&ActName=Illinois+Vehicle+Code.

Hope this helps.
Dan

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
5c85ad9ca709acc720f185b.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info