SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Saleen17Web.jpg

Saleen16Web.jpg

Saleen1Web.jpg

I almost humped my chair.. :headbang: :headbang:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I was driving home down Ogden Ave. today and came upon a beautiful yellow 2005 Saleen Mustang (regular S281, 325 hp). I gave the guy a card with this site's address and told him to log on here.

Hey Jeff, he lives in Sandwich, so I imagine you and Michelle will see him around. He's got 850 miles on the car right now and says it's his daily driver. Seemed like a nice guy.

Man oh man does that car look night and day compared to a 2005 Mustang GT. 20 inch chrome wheels, lowered, awesome! :biggthump

Unfortunately for me, I didn't have my digital camera. Unfortunately for him, he didn't have the SC motor in it. ;)

Hopefully he comes on here and becomes out first 2005 Saleen member.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Oh man, that thing is friggin crazy!! But I bet that the 2005 S281-E is WAAAYYYY over $50,000! And for ONLY 640HP? Now, that is A LOT of horsepower but the Saleen asking price should make it closer to 800HP. Saleens are nice as hell but they have never been worth the asking price, IMO. Buy an 03/04 Cobra, put couple grand in mods, 640 hp, easy; and for way less than 50G's!!

-Mike

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I think I saw his wife driving it then, see thread.
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=2755&highlight=random+things

I will keep an eye out for him. I also chased a sonci blue gt the other day and he would not race me.

gnxs said:
I was driving home down Ogden Ave. today and came upon a beautiful yellow 2005 Saleen Mustang (regular S281, 325 hp). I gave the guy a card with this site's address and told him to log on here.

Hey Jeff, he lives in Sandwich, so I imagine you and Michelle will see him around. He's got 850 miles on the car right now and says it's his daily driver. Seemed like a nice guy.

Man oh man does that car look night and day compared to a 2005 Mustang GT. 20 inch chrome wheels, lowered, awesome! :biggthump

Unfortunately for me, I didn't have my digital camera. Unfortunately for him, he didn't have the SC motor in it. ;)

Hopefully he comes on here and becomes out first 2005 Saleen member.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I thought the Saleen cars looked the best at the auto show. They look much better in person...especially the rear end. Not to keen on the wheels though.

I don't think a stock block will get to 640HP.

I just looked at their site and as always you will get your eyes poked out trying to buy one. Saleen charges a fortune for his cars...and you RARELY much less NEVER get it back......that's why I love my 03 sssooo much.

Ford will always provide the Bang for the Buck deal....just wait and see.

That blue & white car is awesome though. I'd like to add that tail to my 07 SVT...that aught to be cool...just leave off the one tail light cover.

Hey Andy...the reflector is on the fender for side marking...maybe that's all the law requires.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004

97Saleen#122

Mar 11, 2004
sorry guys, this is not a real E, check out stangnet, saleen forum and you will see. this is just someones custom sticker job on an 05 Saleen.

as for all the Saleen comments, whether it is worth it or not. hard to compare to anything else, does a ferrari driver care that a vette is as fast, or does a 911 driver. not really. bang for the buck only matters up to the point that you can truly afford the next level and you are willing to spend it, after that, not relevant. it is usually just used to justify what you have.

i could build an 87 notchback that wil outhandle and accelerate an '03 Cobra or Saleen, so what. apples to oranges. maybe a Camaro SS with heads and cams. or maybe a 1G eclipse with about 400HP, or wait, maybe a syclone with a few mods. i could go on.

but i would say, go to a local speed shop, tell them you want 20 inch wheels and tires (Pirelli Neros), springs, sway bars, bilsteins, full body kit finished and match painted perfectly, 14 inch alcon brakes, motor completely disassembled and rebuilt with forged internals and blower putting out (healthy 500HP, this will be the new E level), and it has to run as if it were stock and pass all federal regulations, and you would like a three year warranty.

after they are done laughing, i bet the E will not seem priced so out of line.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
97Saleen#122 said:
sorry guys, this is not a real E, check out stangnet, saleen forum and you will see. this is just someones custom sticker job on an 05 Saleen.

as for all the Saleen comments, whether it is worth it or not. hard to compare to anything else, does a ferrari driver care that a vette is as fast, or does a 911 driver. not really. bang for the buck only matters up to the point that you can truly afford the next level and you are willing to spend it, after that, not relevant. it is usually just used to justify what you have.

i could build an 87 notchback that wil outhandle and accelerate an '03 Cobra or Saleen, so what. apples to oranges. maybe a Camaro SS with heads and cams. or maybe a 1G eclipse with about 400HP, or wait, maybe a syclone with a few mods. i could go on.

but i would say, go to a local speed shop, tell them you want 20 inch wheels and tires (Pirelli Neros), springs, sway bars, bilsteins, full body kit finished and match painted perfectly, 14 inch alcon brakes, motor completely disassembled and rebuilt with forged internals and blower putting out (healthy 500HP, this will be the new E level), and it has to run as if it were stock and pass all federal regulations, and you would like a three year warranty.

after they are done laughing, i bet the E will not seem priced so out of line.
I'll take all that (without the warranty) and still pay boatloads less. The money I saved will be in the bank for future repairs in case it breaks (since I have no warranty). But like you said, that's not really the point to the Saleen.

As for your Ferrari and Vette owner comment. If I owned a Saleen, Vette or Ferrari, I would care. And yes I could afford them (well not the Ferrari), I just chose a different "weapon". The Saleen is unique and I don't think the extra cost is really an issue for it's buyers. Keep in mind that many Cobra owners on this site could afford the Saleen fairly easily.

A guy pulled up when I was talking to the guy in the yellow Saleen and he didn't even notice my 2004 Cobra next to this guys Saleen. :(

Maybe that's part of the reason people buy it also? :dunno:

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
gnxs said:
I'll take all that (without the warranty) and still pay boatloads less. The money I saved will be in the bank for future repairs in case it breaks (since I have no warranty). But like you said, that's not really the point to the Saleen.

As for your Ferrari and Vette owner comment. If I owned a Saleen, Vette or Ferrari, I would care. And yes I could afford them (well not the Ferrari), I just chose a different "weapon". The Saleen is unique and I don't think the extra cost is really an issue for it's buyers. Keep in mind that many Cobra owners on this site could afford the Saleen fairly easily.

A guy pulled up when I was talking to the guy in the yellow Saleen and he didn't even notice my 2004 Cobra next to this guys Saleen. :(

Maybe that's part of the reason people buy it also? :dunno:

He'll notice yer tail lights while yer blowing his doors off!

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Since 1964 said:
He'll notice yer tail lights while yer blowing his doors off!
He already did, but he brought a kitchen knife (325hp version of the Saleen) to a gunfight.

And before anybody jumps down my throat, he came after and started with me not vice-versa. :eek: .

Why is it all 2005 owners (GT and now Saleen) all think they're gonna lay a beating on a Terminator? :dunno:

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
I have yet to find a 05 GT that will race, they make the extra effort to get away from me (and anything else with an internal combustion engine) as soon as possible. When I was buying a new car it was a toss-up between the 05 GT (which was A LOT cheaper, and NEW!) or a USED 03 Cobra....man did I make the right decision or what!! They look nice and all but......whew, that was a close one!!

The only reason people are noticing them is because they are new. Face it if you have an 03 to 99% of the people on the road its just a 99GT. They inital excitement will die down, and if you buy an 05 Saleen you just bought an ugly car. The stock 05 GT looks better than what Saleen has come out with, it was the worst looking mustang at the auto show. Rousch and Steeda were both better. And who cares about HP, anyone that knows is NOT gonna stay stock anyway.............Lyle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info