Getting The Shaft From Ford!!!

I just had a warranty claim denied!!!

now I really need help.

Just got the offical phone call they denied my warrentee claim. "Abuse"

They also won't give me any phone #s on where to go next to get this denial reversed.

I'm roaylly screwed if this is denied.
Turns out I check out "oasis" from another dealer he says the trans has been replaced or rebuilt 3 times. Prior to me owning the car.

once @ 26K Dealer unknown
again @ 41K Packey Webb Wheaton, IL
again @ 41K a week later Packey Webb Wheaton, IL
that was about 29,000 mile ago.
2 days later the thing ends up back at the dealer with a trans leak.
"missing oil galley plug found" Fix, install new plug, top off fluid and clean undercarrige.
That would take the life off one of these trans, right?

Somewhere a junk yard tranny was stuck in there, who knows when!!!

In the mean time Terry Haines, contacts me right before I was going to contact him, (quick guy) he says he can act as a third party and reinspect the transmission for me. So I might be able to go after Ford Legally.

Ford know I'm young and broke, they figure I won't be able to seek legal help. They might be right...
Hoping to spark some thought on what I can do...

Travis

--------------------
2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/06/2000 1319 out of 2150 only 207 made-

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
Maybe im not understanding you but how is Ford giving you the shaft?
You have a 2000 vehicle with over 70,000mi. And you dont state what the problem is. Just that it was low on fluid? How low? If you did purchase an extended warranty was it ESP from Ford?
Ford will only pay the dealer to do a job 1 time then its up to the dealer to fix it right..........But what is the claim?...Lyle

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
blackbirdracing said:
Well then Venominside...

Can you tell me who I should contact,

I am a ex-military guy so I understand the "chain of command" thing, I just want to know who to contact?

I have spoken to the service manager,
he is having the regional service manager call me, on monday.

Thanks for your help,
Travis

Well get back to me on what he says... Then i will put together a list of people to call or talk to etc..

03CobraRed

Mind Over Matter
Mar 17, 2004
Dont get me started on Ford Dealers, I wish all I had to replace was a trans, try having a dealer sell you a car that say NEW on it and the title says new but its already had 2 motors in it before 86 miles! Going the legal route will get you nothing but costing money and still having a broken car, Take it from me I dealt with this the past 2 years and nothing got accomplished. I think that they should fix anything under warranty as long as that part isnt modified, but this is coming from a point of view of a person who got his warranty voided for having a shift knob, so what do I know?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info