Bad news!!!!!!!

fearbluer1

My 4cyl just beat your 8!
Mar 2, 2004
Papa Norm (the sole owner of US41), I was just told this weekend passed away from a massive heart attack. That is from a very reputable source.

Its my understanding that the track may be closed until financial, legal, and family disputes are resolved.

Its my understanding that the sale to Lingenfelter fell through. But who knows if the track will be back for sale again. :dunno:

Now for the REALLY bad news!! Miami subs has been sold!! The new owners want NOTHING to do with cars!! I was told they are going to turn the building into a "chilis" type restaurant.

The only good news I have heard is that Finnegans wake on US30 may be opening its doors for a new local car hangout.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Man, first the track and then the hang out. That IS bad news. Anybody have an update on that track they were supposed to build in central Illinois? The other choices are Route 66 which would force everyone to become legal, Byron, and US 131 in Michigan. I guess you can add GLD to the mix if it's still open. Keep your fingers crossed that US41 comes back better than ever.

P

PearlBlue L

Flyn high again said:
Man, first the track and then the hang out. That IS bad news. Anybody have an update on that track they were supposed to build in central Illinois? The other choices are Route 66 which would force everyone to become legal, Byron, and US 131 in Michigan. I guess you can add GLD to the mix if it's still open. Keep your fingers crossed that US41 comes back better than ever.
why wouldnt GLD still be open??

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
SHADYNINJA said:
I only went to 41 one time....i wasnt impressed (sorry)
I have been racing motorcycles @ rt 66 since it opened (its right by my house)
but its sad to hear that he passed away.
if ya guys wana drag @ 66 the key is get there by 4 pm on tuesday nights

I agree about 4 PM. The track fills up after dinner. The only problem with 66 is that so many of the guys need roll bars or cages to run there.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
ford2001svtL said:
i went there last october about 5 times and it looked pretty good to me... way better then us-41 by far

and

Wahoo said:
Its in better condition than US 41. They have been making improvements to the facility over the last couple of years . There is usually a good plethora of cars there during the week!!

Last time I went there Broadway Bob still owned the place. Sometimes I forget how long it's been. ;)

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
Byron is a nice place. They are "group friendly". You can bring your own food also. I just checked their website and they have a note about their owner doing ok (resting at home after heart problems). What the hell is going on here? Also, they have a sign up for a petition to keep the track alive. Rt 66 is like the Wal-Mart of drag racing. Putting all the regular joes who enjoy racing as a sport and not a business under. Don't get me wrong, Rt 66 is an awesome facility, but the concessions etc are outrageous. We need more legal racing, not less.

http://www.byrondragway.com/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info