Why are some dealers just jerks?

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Seriously, I cannot be more pissed off at my dealer now. :mad: I would never go there again, depending on this question I don't know:

What's the deal with warranty repairs? I don't pay anything, but does the dealer collect from Ford for the work they do to my truck? Am I helping them out by bringing my warranty work back to them?

And also, is there any problem with bringing my truck to a different dealer, one that I did not buy it from, for all future warranty work?

:ranton:

So here's the story - Lightnings suffer from a simple problem known as 'the clunk'. When they roll off the factory line, the lower control arm on the driver's side is connected with bolts that sit in an oval 'slot'. It's an oval shape so that they can be quickly aligned as they roll off the line. Unfortunately, after some use the bolt begins to slide around in the slot and clunk, also throwing the alignment off slightly. Ford's TSB fix is to put one of those 'star-grip' washers on either side and hope it holds, which it doesn't. Some L owner then started making stainless washers that fit inside the oval to make it a normal circle hole, never to slide again. The word out there is that all dealers know about the clunk, and as long as I buy the stainless washers, they'll put them in under warranty and realign the truck.

So it went in last Tuesday, with a nice note from me and the washers and a copy of the TSB and even a color printout with pictures of the installation. I spoke with the service rep, who as expected, told me they can't officially say they'll install the washers, but just leave them in the truck for the tech, and he should 'take care of it'.

Using the new washers, some trucks require the use of new cam bolts to realign the front. That was the only part I didn't buy ahead of time, and if they wanted me to pay for them, I would have. I put this all in the note I left for the tech, and also mentioned that if he wasn't going to install my wahsers, to cancel the work order.

I got a call on Wednsday, yeah, parts were on order, and it should be done Thursday or Friday. No problem.

I go to pick it up on Friday at lunch, look at the service report, and get pissed. The parts they ordered weren't the cam bolts, they were the star-grip washers. No one even looked at the stainless washers I had there.

That was upsetting enough, until I kept reading. Regarding the alignment, which I requested a copy of the report on, the tech noted:

Vehcile has aftermarket tires installed. Camber is excessive and out of range due to aftermarket tires.

They wouldn't give me the actual alignment specs the vehicle was set to, and told me to come back after the weekend and talk to my service rep if I wanted any more info.

:rantoff:

I am sooooo pissed right now. First, if they weren't going to install my washers, why did I even bother taking it in? But MAYBE I can understand that it's not normal policy for that to happen. THEN, this total BULLSHIT with the alignment!!!! (For those of you who maybe don't know, tire size has nothing to do with alignment.) Yes, I have snow tires on. No, that is not a reason for you to bollock my truck's alignement. Lazy crappy techs. Stupid dealer who could give a shit. Awful customer service. I don't know where it ends.

But I'll say this: EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD SHOULD NEVER BUY A VEHICLE FROM HAWKINSON FORD IN OAK LAWN!!!

I think Hank knows what I'm talking about with this dealer. But why such the effort to screw with me?

SO, here's my question - do I take it back there, and demand the realignment? I know they're not going to install my washers, so that's out the window until new springs go in, but can I take it to a reputable dealer for the fix instead? Will Hawkinson get MORE cash from Ford warranty by fixing it again?

I'm just so pissed that they go out of their way to screw with me.

lightning0003

Regular
May 29, 2004
I have taken my lightning to hawkinson for in oak lawn and I have got to say they are the worst place to take your vehicle.

first time I took my truck there for an oil change and tire rotation. I showed up at 5 am on the dot first car in line with an appointment. They take my truck into the shop I go in and wait fell asleep while waiting 3 hrs later I woke up and go ask the rep about my truck. They had not even started on it 3 hrs later. Long story short they took 4 hrs 15 mins for oil change and rotation.

Second time my muffler came off. The muffler was never welded into place when I bought the truck new. Took it to the dealership asked the rep if they can weld it back on real quick. His response we can't look at it till next weds so leave the truck with us because you can't drive around without a muffler. Also I can't have a rental either I have to pay for it. Told him to Go F himself and to give me back my truck. Can't do that we have to call the cops if you leave the dealership it's illegal to not have a muffler. I took my keys from him walked out the door and left went to carx and they welded the muffler on for free within 10 mins of walking in the door.

Third time I took my truck to them a hose behind the supercharger gave way and was blowing coolant all over the engine. I did not have a choice they tow truck driver took it there. To fix the one hose it took them 10 days and they wouldn't even tell me what hose broke. Also I had to pay for the rental car for all 10 days they would not give me a car. All the work was repaired under warranty.

If you have a problem do not take your car to hawkinson because they do not want to do warranty work even if you bought your vehicle there because then they will have to try to collect from ford. All they are tooking to do is work on the vehicles that the owners are going to pay for.

So in regards to hawkinson ford in oak lawn they can THEY CAN KISS MY FUZZY WHITE A$$

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
That sucks, dealers warranty work sucks to always suck balls.

Fair Oaks had been Fair to me but not great. Ford really needs to make some BIG changes at their dealers to start taking care of the customers if they do want to go under in the next 10 years.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
5pointOhCrap said:
Dually noted. Dealers suck

Muller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller Muller

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
03mineralg said:
I believe if your SVT vehicle is under warrenty you are entitled to a loaner. Try a different dealer, iv'e never had a problem with getting a loaner for any repair. Is Hawkinson even a SVT authorized dealer?

They've been good about giving me a loaner, when I ask for it, and I think I'm the one who educated them about SVT's getting loaners the first time I begged for one. As long as it's still within the original warranty (or an extended warranty), new or used, they should provide the loaner.

Also, on my service ticket when I dropped it off, it says right on there - "SVT Premium service - loaner, wash, vacuum". My truck was filthy when I dropped it off (not intentionally, just happens to a daily driver), and when I picked it up it was covered in grease smudge as well. Thanks for the wash and vacuum guys. (Although they probably would have screwed that up too - swirls everywhere or something?!)

They're totally getting a bad review from me. I know they check those out too.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
ILLINI-SVT said:
They've been good about giving me a loaner, when I ask for it, and I think I'm the one who educated them about SVT's getting loaners the first time I begged for one.

Also, on my service ticket when I dropped it off, it says right on there - "SVT Premium service - loaner, wash, vacuum". My truck was filthy when I dropped it off (not intentionally, just happens to a daily driver), and when I picked it up it was covered in grease smudge as well. Thanks for the wash and vacuum guys. (Although they probably would have screwed that up too - swirls everywhere or something?!)

They're totally getting a bad review from me. I know they check those out too.

Teach em who's the boss kevin!

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
lightning95 said:
Yes Ford pays the dealer for warranty work. That sucks about your deal. Find a better dealership. Complain to Ford or ask for a survey and reem the dealerships as with a bad review. :-o

The service departments live and die by those responses / surveys. Typically you will get a call, or a postcard after you are in for service. Stick it to them when you respond, but don't go back to that dealer after you've done that.
:ar:

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
If this is a quote from Ferris Buellers Day off it is supposed to be Bueller Bueller etc..... If not my bad.

VenomInside said:
Muller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller MullerMuller Muller Muller

BTW - my dealer has never washed my car either but I rather they not touch it since "someone might breath on it wrong" (proper quote)

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
10th03cobra said:
If this is a quote from Ferris Buellers Day off it is supposed to be Bueller Bueller etc..... If not my bad.

BTW - my dealer has never washed my car either but I rather they not touch it since "someone might breath on it wrong" (proper quote)

No. its a joke from when justin, andrew, and i worked at a dealership...

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Hawk is SVT dealer.

I believe you have to ask for wash/vacuum service.

I flamed Rizza on the postcard and even told them to contact me. Neither Ford or Rizza contacted me and it has been over 8 weeks since I sent the postcard in. I don't think the postcards do shit, because I don't think Ford really cares.

Try Sutton Ford - Matteson, IL is not far from Oak Lawn.

J

Jpatte

To; ILLINI-SVT

NEVER BUY A VEHICLE FROM HAWKINSON FORD IN OAK LAWN!!!

This is where Pam got her Cobra and the Sales and Service department suck. When she brought the car, I asked for a cup of coffee. Of course sir, the coffee is right around the corner. So I went to the said designation and there stood a coffee machine. You know the one you put money in. Ghee thanks, I buy a 40K car and you can't even give me a cup of coffee. The service call was worse, but don't have the time to explain it.

jpatte

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info