Snow F**King Sucks!

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
My god the Cobra spun out god knows how many times :eek:h:
as we get closer to Indiana it gets far worse, ice no plows out, no salt :mad:

the car is driving completely sideways, but still driving, he gets the attitude going...well we lose it on I-65 and he can't get the car oing, at a stand still right across (2 lanes) :eek:

I ask to try ( no, no no) well finally get o pissed off and say...well I don't plan on being on the dying side (all traffic coming at me :eek: :mad: :eek:h: )
he gets out and I tell him to push on the drivers side quarter panel, we are aking progress (I do a 3rd gear start...BAM!) I am out, but far from going
:(
sideways and the hoooiser helpers are doing the cruise right behind me,
(blocking some traffic) as I am watching even trucks and SUVs lose it,
I get her up and going, leave him there to bum a ride, shes going (I am not stopping)

anyways to make a long and very nerve racking story short, I m home safe
(just got here) and the Cobra was a good little girl that listened to Momma and drove all the way home (like I asked her to do :headbang: )

I think in January... Explorer :eek3: (if snow is a possibility)

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
I am hoping (Jeff-Lighting95) got home ok, he called saying he got off at
another exit, (wish we had) he asked if I wanted him to get his Expedition nd come help...but my phone died (I am going to try and call him again to see that all is good)

right on 80/94 so many cars were against the wall mangled to hell, one 200oish trans am, and Mustang Gt a few trucks, it was crazy.. I65 far worse

Glad to be home in one piece, time for wine, bath and bed
(just need to relax right now) :-o

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The Illinois tollways were good but the surface streets got a little slippery as I got out to Frankfort. I had no problems with the snow tires. Biggest problem I had with them was when I hit it a little when Susie was riding with me and got a little bit of wheel hop. I can't stress strongly enough how much better the car handles the bad weather with the snow tires. If any of you don't have other winter vehicles, consider getting some snow tires.

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Flyn high again said:
The Illinois tollways were good but the surface streets got a little slippery as I got out to Frankfort. I had no problems with the snow tires. Biggest problem I had with them was when I hit it a little when Susie was riding with me and got a little bit of wheel hop. I can't stress strongly enough how much better the car handles the bad weather with the snow tires. If any of you don't have other winter vehicles, consider getting some snow tires.
yeaH, was impressed with how she handled the snow...
but you were excellerating up hill too
:dunno:

lightning95

The other Jeff
Nov 6, 2004
Yeah the shit got bad as soon as we(susie's cobra and my lightning)passed Torrance ave. I was ahead of the cobra and the ass of the lightning started to come out sideways. Then I look in the rearveiw and see the cobra fishtailing all over 80 :eek: . I got off at Indy Blvd. and almost got stuck going up hill. I had to put it in 1st and let it idle all the way up the hill. It took as long to get from IN border to home as it did to get from Hooters to the border. Then Susie's phone went dead and I was thinking of going to get the Expedetion and come help them guys out but it took me forever to get home. That is the first time the L has been in the snow and definitly the last! Thanx for calling me back Susie!

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
lightning95 said:
Yeah the shit got bad as soon as we(susie's cobra and my lightning)passed Torrance ave. I was ahead of the cobra and the ass of the lightning started to come out sideways. Then I look in the rearveiw and see the cobra fishtailing all over 80 :eek: . I got off at Indy Blvd. and almost got stuck going up hill. I had to put it in 1st and let it idle all the way up the hill. It took as long to get from IN border to home as it did to get from Hooters to the border. Then Susie's phone went dead and I was thinking of going to get the Expedetion and come help them guys out but it took me forever to get home. That is the first time the L has been in the snow and definitly the last! Thanx for calling me back Susie!

Hey Jeff.. Im glad you guys got home safe.. Sorry About not saying bye to you, i thought we would all talk to each other before we all took off. I should be coming out there this week sometime, would you want to hang out..?

lightning95

The other Jeff
Nov 6, 2004
VenomInside said:
Hey Jeff.. Im glad you guys got home safe.. Sorry About not saying bye to you, i thought we would all talk to each other before we all took off. I should be coming out there this week sometime, would you want to hang out..?
Its cool about not saying good bye. All I was worried about was getting in the truck and warming up. I was frozen! I work nights but if you are coming out during the day give me a shout.

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
lightning95 said:
no problem, guess I should have brought my car phone charger
:( , but at least no one got hurt, after you turned off, it looked sim.
to like when a town evacuates and everyone is in an accident :eek:
cars and trucks on walls everywhere
:eek3: (bad night for the insurance companies) :dunno:

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Ah yes, another good thing about living in the city - mad snow plows and salt. I made it back downtown in like 30 minutes doing 80 down the Ike. It was only once I slid around the corner in my alley that I realized there was snow on top of a layer of ice out there.

Volo was "interesting". It was a good idea for the group meeting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info