What should I do?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I started work at 8:30 last night and got home at 9:30 this morning. I'm debating if I should stay up or go to bed. I've been up for 25 hours so far so if I stay up until tonight, it'll be 37 or so. However, I am frigging tired. Myh bed is calling me big time. Problem if I sleep is that I have to go to work tomorrow morning and don't want my schedule to be messed up.
But running a crew and power washing 4 tollway oases and a Jewel gas station is a lot of work. It's unbelievable how many people are out at 3 AM. Very stressful trying to work around the morons and there are a lot of them driving the srong wqay in the Oases, pulling into the car wash and backing out, driving into the truck area to try to fill up their non-diesel cars. Standing in doorways talking with no clue that we are waiting for them to move so we can work. And if one more person tells me they want their car or truck washed, I am going to rip off their heads. Sorry. I'm rambling. Anyway, I canjt decide. Sleep or Wakeys. What should I do? :dunno:

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Sleep. Wake up when you wake up. Be lazy, stay in, lay around, eat and recharge. Then sleep the night. Go to work tomorrow morning on a full charge!

Flyn high again said:
I started work at 8:30 last night and got home at 9:30 this morning. I'm debating if I should stay up or go to bed. I've been up for 25 hours so far so if I stay up until tonight, it'll be 37 or so. However, I am frigging tired. Myh bed is calling me big time. Problem if I sleep is that I have to go to work tomorrow morning and don't want my schedule to be messed up.
But running a crew and power washing 4 tollway oases and a Jewel gas station is a lot of work. It's unbelievable how many people are out at 3 AM. Very stressful trying to work around the morons and there are a lot of them driving the srong wqay in the Oases, pulling into the car wash and backing out, driving into the truck area to try to fill up their non-diesel cars. Standing in doorways talking with no clue that we are waiting for them to move so we can work. And if one more person tells me they want their car or truck washed, I am going to rip off their heads. Sorry. I'm rambling. Anyway, I canjt decide. Sleep or Wakeys. What should I do? :dunno:

Tabres

Regular
Mar 1, 2004
Take a nap for a few hours. At my old job I used to have to get up for work at 4am on the weekends. Short story, but I went to see a friend in Moline on a Friday evening this past summer and ended up not getting home until 2am, having to work at 4am...Woops. Well, I decided to just pull an all nighter. It was going to be something like 35 hours awake by the time I got off of work. It turned out to be a big mistake. I was sooooooooooooooooo extremely close to falling asleep my entire shift, which would have been very bad considering I was a DJ for a group of radiostations.

I learned naps are good. I discovered I could go to sleep late on a Friday or Saturday night, sleep like two hours, go to work for 8 and perform 100% and then come home and I'd crash almost immediately. It was great. Was just really hard getting up sometimes with two hours of sleep under my belt.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You guys are making sense [I want sleep]. I think I'll go soak in the tub and see if that knocks me out.

Last night was actually a good night. Made a decent amount of money. Only had 2 cars drive through and over our cones because they don't think the cones apply to them. It's truly amazing how poorly so many people drive. We are constantly having idiots drive through our work areas even though they are clearly cordoned off and obviously closed. I stopped a woman one time who had just driven over a cone that became lodged under her car. She swore that there was no cone and she hadn't driven over one. I bent down and pulled it out from under her car and showed her and then she accused me of putting it there... These people are on the roads with us daily.....

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Because of these people out there, I am glad there is a PS2 game like Grand Theft Auto so I can just go on a rampage, nice and safe :burnout:

Flyn high again said:
You guys are making sense [I want sleep]. I think I'll go soak in the tub and see if that knocks me out.

Last night was actually a good night. Made a decent amount of money. Only had 2 cars drive through and over our cones because they don't think the cones apply to them. It's truly amazing how poorly so many people drive. We are constantly having idiots drive through our work areas even though they are clearly cordoned off and obviously closed. I stopped a woman one time who had just driven over a cone that became lodged under her car. She swore that there was no cone and she hadn't driven over one. I bent down and pulled it out from under her car and showed her and then she accused me of putting it there... These people are on the roads with us daily.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info