Didnt get a promotion be cause they got me confused with someone else.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Go watch Risky Business and then have a conversation with them and explain why the next promotion should be yours. Sometimes you just have to say WTF. Also make some connections with big bosses. Take them for a ride in your car. Then they'll remember you. Like I said before, it's not what you know...

whtsvt

Regular
Nov 6, 2004
Welcome to the corporate world. I was also up for promotion in my dept. to be a team leader. But ofcourse they gave it to some guy from a different dept, who's never been in our test lab, and no experience. What a crock of.........still very salty over that one.

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
My problem is that I usually end up killing them too quickly.

I sent her an emai(the head of human resources who also interviewed me) and asked for an explanation and ran over the scenarios. I was polite and nonthreatening. If she's smart she will say I just interviewed poorly but she and I know that wasnt the case. I'm just pissed that even if I didnt get the job thats one less opportunity to sell myself for other jobs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info