Hey Network Consultants - Log In Here!

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Alright, it seems like there's a fair number of computer-type people on the board, so I'll just throw this out there.

I'm sort of the net admin for my company and we're looking for some new consultants to help out. I had some friends of mine doing it sort of part time (nights and weekends, after their day jobs ended), but they've become increasingly busy at their regular jobs and I get the impression now that they're no longer really interested in putting the time in here.

So, anyone who may be interested, or know someone that is good at network consulting, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Aug 30, 2004
well since you provided a lack of info.

Are you looking for cerified people, What type of networking help is needed?

*unix software setup for a large network?

I'm certainly not certified but I can do networking (wired or wireless, and some software setup windows based), can you be more specific?

I'm actually looking for a part time job ooutside of my college schedual but I just need some info on if we could help each other in this :)

reply or catch me on other means,

E-mail: [email protected]
cell: 219-796-7370

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Unoid, since you asked,

It's a Windows Server network running SBS 2000 and almost all XP clients. That's really the only support I need - someone who is intimately familiar with Windows 2000/2003 Server and Exchange, who can handle planned upgrades and general maintenance in the way of Active Directory, file and print sharing, Exchange, backups, and IIS services including SSL web and VPN access.

I used to work as a consultant on NT networks back in the day, so I'm able to handle small tasks here, but I need someone who really understands the maintenance tasks and can manipulate the security settings in Active Directory. Nothing in the way of wiring though.

Dan, I'll shoot Tim an IM, thanks.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Well documented? What? I've got manuals and a set of MCSA books, but all of the physical network notes are in my head and there are no windows implementation notes. What you see is what there is.

And it would be at my office downtown, near north side near Chicago & State.

SVL77

Quiet Member
May 4, 2004
Illini-SVT

I am the Recruiting Manager for a local contact IT staffing firm....meaning I find and hire IT consultants for a living. I know some very good independent network support types that are alway looking for part time or after hours work. PM me and I'll see if I can help you out- after all you are a fellow SVT driver and Illini fan! (I graduated from there in 92)

Scott

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info