Alignment shop recommendations

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
Soon I'm getting springs, toe link bars, MM C&C plates, etc... so I need a 4-wheel alignment.

Any alignment shop recommendations - preferably in the south/sw suburbs. I've over by Midway in chicago.

Based on what I saw on the other thread, I'd spend your money on getting a tune that gets your A/F below 12.5:1 first. You're definitely playing with fire with that tune.

As far as alignment, maybe wtw5974 can chime in or one of the other road race guys.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Well I'm driving the car like a granny. No boost, low rpms, driving it slow. I drove it all the way back from St. Louis after the port with no problems, just stayed out of boost and crazy driving tactics. I'm just asking for an alignment shop, not a financial advisor !

I didn't think it was going to lean me out but it did. I have over $1000 in suspension parts to put on and over $15,000 in credit cards to pay off. Plus 2.5 more years of car payments.

The car STAYS IN THE GARAGE. Just granny driving it for the alignment.

gnxs said:
Based on what I saw on the other thread, I'd spend your money on getting a tune that gets your A/F below 12.5:1 first. You're definitely playing with fire with that tune.

As far as alignment, maybe wtw5974 can chime in or one of the other road race guys.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
Well I'm driving the car like a granny. No boost, low rpms, driving it slow. I drove it all the way back from St. Louis after the port with no problems, just stayed out of boost and crazy driving tactics. I'm just asking for an alignment shop, not a financial advisor !

I didn't think it was going to lean me out but it did. I have over $1000 in suspension parts to put on and over $15,000 in credit cards to pay off. Plus 2.5 more years of car payments.

The car STAYS IN THE GARAGE. Just granny driving it for the alignment.

Waiting for a good response to this myself. Tim was stressing the need for a good 4 wheel alignment, especially if doing any road racing. The caster and camber plates were also a MUST on his list, which I believe you said you had.

BTW, you've got alot of self control to stay out of the boost like you do! :hail:

wtw5974

What in the Hell?
Mar 2, 2004
I don't know of any shops in the south side. My shop, Peterson Tire, closed down about a year ago to make way for condos . I have been recommended another shop in Des Plaines, Northwest Firestone, but don't know if they do good work. So I’m still searching but I may try Northwest out and see how good they are.

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Aug 30, 2004
I'm gonna be dorpping my truck soon with 2" a-arms, 1" coils, hangers + shackles in rear. I'm gonna throw the supplied 6degree rear shim in but I think i'll still need to get it professionaly aligned for safety and tire wear :)

I'd like to hear some good shops also who cna do alignment. Also anyone got a rough idea on costs?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info