Sighted: EDEZ GRL sonic blue 03 cobra with chrome wheels

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
This blonde girl has been sighted other times by others here. I've seen her near Rizza in Orland Park, Burbank, etc. Today she pulled up right next to me at a traffic light in Cicero Ave. and 79th. 2003 Cobra, sonic blue, chrome wheel option. Looks stock. License plate says: EDEZ GRL

I was in my dirty crappy Saturn .. I honked ... she hit the window down ... I asked her if she was on chicagosvt and she said no, so I told her to go on chicagosvt.com. Too bad I wasn't in my sonic blue 03 with chrome wheels...

Mike

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
HAHAHA yeah no kiddin. The other times I've seen her, I was either going in the other direction or stuck behind traffic and I saw her a couple cars up. But usually I am in my Saturn anyway, the Cobra has really been a garage trophy most of this year. I'm finishing up the suspension work this year, then it's being stored for the winter months. Then I can tune/pulley/gordsford and all that other good stuff (fuel upgrades if the dyno says I need it) ... not really driveable now because it's so lean from the blower port job.

I also assume she is EDDIES GIRL. Not EDYS ice cream girl or ED EZ girl. lol

Mike

Flyn high again said:
"No, I have a Cobra. Really! This Saturn is just my daily driver. What color? Why, it's Sonic Blue just like yours. I have chrome wheels too! Hey, where are you going?" LOL! :D

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I know, but I had the blower ported a couple of weeks ago, and the dyno is showing it LEAN across the board. Very lean under 3500 rpms. I have the stock tune and stock pulley. I do have a 2.76 setup ready to go on - but that does me no good with no TUNE! Ran out of money for the tuning .. lol ... wait till next year.

ILLINI-SVT said:
Garage queens get no street credit.

Sally it up and take that thing out once in a while. It hasn't rained in a couple of weeks!

:D

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I get the sense that tuning is a per-use type of charge for all of you Cobra owners. Is it true that you (meaning anyone) buys a tuner (chip, flash device, etc.) from any old place and then find someone to prepare tunes? Which means that every time you want to change something you have to pay for a whole new re-tune?

Most Lightning tuners will adjust your tune for free as long as you bought the tuner/chip/etc new from them. That seems to be the way to go. So when I add the Apten six months down the line, I would just need to call my tuner and ask for the adjustment to be made and mailed out to me.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
ILLINI-SVT said:
I get the sense that tuning is a per-use type of charge for all of you Cobra owners. Is it true that you (meaning anyone) buys a tuner (chip, flash device, etc.) from any old place and then find someone to prepare tunes? Which means that every time you want to change something you have to pay for a whole new re-tune?

Most Lightning tuners will adjust your tune for free as long as you bought the tuner/chip/etc new from them. That seems to be the way to go. So when I add the Apten six months down the line, I would just need to call my tuner and ask for the adjustment to be made and mailed out to me.

Not necessarily. A custom tune is for fine tuning individual areas on the fuel and timing maps (and many other areas) and the tuner allows for general tuning to entire areas of the maps. At least my predator does.

If I put a ported blower on and was lean throughout the rpm range, I could richen the whole thing up and make if safe again. However, if the proted blower only affected say 3,500-5,000 rpms, the tool doesn't have the resolution to pinpoint just those areas of your map. The exception is the SCT Pro Racer and any number of stand alone systems. Obviously if you have a custom chip, you'll need new paramenters each time you make a major change.

Most custom tuners will do several tunes for free (e.g. James is waiting for my Dyno Charts and Predator settings on that pull so he can fine tune it for me, for free after my initial purchase).

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
gnxs said:
Obviously if you have a custom chip, you'll need new paramenters each time you make a major change.

Most custom tuners will do several tunes for free (e.g. James is waiting for my Dyno Charts and Predator settings on that pull so he can fine tune it for me, for free after my initial purchase).

That's what I'm talking about. I know the Predator allows users to make minor changes to the fuel table and timing, but personally, I'd prefer to have a tuner who can open up the whole table to make more precision adjustments. I know that the big 3 Lightning tuners - JDM Engineering, Johnny Lightning Performance, and Power Surge Performance - are happy to readjust tunes for new equipment - even large adjustments - for free so long as you're their customer. So given that, why would you ever not take advantage of a whole new tune rather than messing around with Predator adjustments? I was just wondering if most of you Cobra guys bought your chips from tuners who give continuing support like the L guys do.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Ok, highjacking is over!

So get this .. I leave work yesterday at a random time as usual. Near the same area on Cicero on the way home, I get caught at a stoplight ... and who's next to me? Sonic Blue 03 chrome EDEZ GRL. :eek3: What the heck?! So that's twice in one day, completely random. So I honk my horn, she looks over .. and I yell out "CHICAGO SVT.COM!!!" :headbang: then I go to tell her, believe it or not .. I have the same car .. yadda yadda. Then she said she had a borla exhaust and pulley, etc ... but maybe she meant she was getting it? Because it sounded/looked stock. Anyways, I told her to check the site out, the light changed, and off we went AGAIN. hahaha! She also mentioned that it was her 2nd car, not her daily driver.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I would drive it more, but would you drive it if the AF looked like this? Like I said, can't afford a tune till next year, plus I have a lot of other parts sitting around waiting to go on.

MikePawinskiDyno.jpg

ILLINI-SVT said:
See, it's really OK to drive your Cobra around town, even if it's not your daily driver!

j/k :lmao:

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I just got a new radiator, thermostat, hoses on the saturn. Also new front brakes, rotors and CALIPERS. Did the same for the rear brakes 1.5 years ago. Car has 187,500 miles. Keeping it until it dies.

Can't get the tune .. credit cards are maxxed out .. got over $1000 in suspension stuff laying around .. sorry! Tune will come next year!

Flyn high again said:
Stop eating lunch and get the tune. Or sell the Saturn and drive the Cobra year round...

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
I would drive it more, but would you drive it if the AF looked like this?
MikePawinskiDyno.jpg
Ummm, mine was much worse and I drove mine for about 1000miles with it being lean. Mine was over a full point leaner across the band until 6K where it dipped to 12:1. Its been 6,000 miles since then, and shes running strong as ever :biggthump

So, in conclusion.......GO DRIVE IT!!! But if you are going to wail on it be sure to splash a couple gallons of 100 in...thats what I did when I wanted to beat on it :headbang:

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Maybe her name is like Eddy, and that is her girl (Stang)...
and then maybe you can make like a love connection...

and make other sonic blues with chrome rims...

Now the question would be, what would the little cobras look like.

PS If you're gonna stalk her, at least do it in your Cobra, maybe you can fool her into thinking your just a reflection of her car in the mirror! (She is a blonde, right??)

PS: Opinions posted on this site are not the representation of the site. All disclaimers apply, and CobraVenom49 will take all the blame for any bonde jokes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info