Cheep dyno runs... who would be interested???

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
I am trying to see if there is interest for dyno days or just anyone who wants to dyno their car. The location is CJ Motorsports off of Kirk/Farnsworth and Fabyan Parkway in Geneva, IL. It is a dynojet dyno and the numbers are dead on with Apten and all other dynos as my car has been there 3 times now. I can hook us up with 2 runs WITH a/f for a great price. I am just curious to see how many people would be interested in dynoing their cars?

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
as far as dyno days go, we can schedule something. If anyone wants their car dyno'd anytime, on your schedule, we can make arrangements. We are looking to open a shop basically that just does dyno runs and want to see how many people are interested in dynoing their cars and how often would you do it. I would like to dyno my car at least once a month just to make sure everything is ok, a.f, etc. A dyno run is a lot easier than buying a new motor! I just want to see who all is interested. Post if you are interested and I will contact you to update you when we figure out if we are going to open a dyno only shop... Thanks

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
00SVTdubs said:
I am trying to see if there is interest for dyno days or just anyone who wants to dyno their car. The location is CJ Motorsports off of Kirk/Farnsworth and Fabyan Parkway in Geneva, IL. It is a dynojet dyno and the numbers are dead on with Apten and all other dynos as my car has been there 3 times now. I can hook us up with 2 runs WITH a/f for a great price. I am just curious to see how many people would be interested in dynoing their cars?

You know I'm in Eric.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
00SVTdubs said:
price is going to be somewhere around $75 bucks :eek:

Thats no where near the 100 plus for 2 runs youd get at high speed :eek3:

I happened to be on the phone with Charlie yesterday and we were talking about this. Just a little more info on my experiences at his shop:

- Not a rushed atmosphere like at some other places where you get the impression they're trying to set a record for most cars dynoed in a day.
- Flip side is that they can only really do 8-12 cars a day
- I'm sure for some extra $$ you could make a few more pulls with some time in between for your own predator/sct tweaking (assuming there aren't too many cars that day) DON'T HOLD ME TO THIS, I'M ONLY SPECULATING?!

I was very happy with my time on his dyno (especially since we found 20+ hp and even more torque from my 1st pull to my 3rd). He can also provide printed (as everybody does) and electronic (if requested) readouts of your runs, although you'll need the dynojet software to work with the electronic files (free download from dynojet site).

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
let me know when you are game and I will make it happen! You guys figure out a day if you want a dyno day and I will see what I can do. Talk amungst yourselves...... :biggthump If you cant get a day together where you all want to make it, let me know a day in which you can make it, day and time but please try to give me some time in advance to make it happen... :headbang:

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
we are still trying to get a date sent when everyone can make it. I will check my schedule and see when I will be in town. I will have the kb and n20 on the car for the dyno run when I get back. I will get back to you all when I will be back in town probably tomorrow or sunday! It will probably be close to halloween time when I will be back:biggthump

dennis

Mar 16, 2004
I can't wait that long......... Sorry.

I've got this new tune and the weather is getting much cooler so I don't want to take any chances with a lean A/F ratio.

Count me out as I've got to get it done in the next week or so.

Perhaps some other time since it always seems like I am changing things around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info