I'm off to pickup a Bassani CB

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Bassani is on. It was good meeting you, today, Don. Thanks for meeting me. :) The sound is awesome! Very deep tone. Burbles at idle, roars at full throttle. Bassani = :biggthump

On the way home from meeting Don, I got a call from the dealer. My car was ready. so I stopped over at Tire Tracks and asked the mechanics if they wanted to use their lift to throw it on. They agreed to do it during lunch and I headed out to get my car.

I picked up the car and discovered:

1. The car WAS flashed for the stall. :biggthump

2. The wheel bearing WAS replaced [what a difference in feel!] :biggthump

3. The differential is supposedly sealed [3rd time] but I'm not thrilled with the sealant smeared around the outside [picture below].

4. The creak in the rear seat/trunk area is still there [2nd time] :mad:

I took the car over to Tire Tracks and we put it up on the lift. What a breeze to remove the old exhaust. The new one took a little longer to fit properly. I had to go out and get 3 hanger bolts that were missing from under the back bumper. I can see one falling out, but three? Pep boys came through after Sutton and Home Depot didn't have them in stock. Sutton seems to be a nice place, BTW. I think I will be bringing my car there from now on. I gave the mechanics and the shop owner some $ and headed on my merry way.

Anyway, the Bassani CB and FIPK make a nice combo. I powershifted into 2nd and the car spun until I let off. It probably would have spun all the way through the gear. :biggthump

I still want to keep the warranty so this is it for now for mods. Next year I may work on suspension and handling.

Attachments

• Resize 1.jpg
    Resize 1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 83

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
John, my neighbor across the street was giving me dirty looks because I was revving it for some of the other neighbors. He's younger than I am, too. LOL! I have to take the baffles out some time and see how loud it is. I can't imagine because it's pretty loud under full throttle now. Not too loud at all under normal driving but get on it and you can hear it big time. Those of you with Stingers and/or X pipes are lunatics. :D

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Flyn high again said:
John, my neighbor across the street was giving me dirty looks because I was revving it for some of the other neighbors. He's younger than I am, too. LOL! I have to take the baffles out some time and see how loud it is. I can't imagine because it's pretty loud under full throttle now. Not too loud at all under normal driving but get on it and you can hear it big time. Those of you with Stingers and/or X pipes are lunatics. :D

I didn't notice it get much louder when I removed the Baffles. Slightly, but not too much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info